2.Opeth - Deliverance
3.Hypocrisy- s/t
4.Hypocrisy - The Arrival
5.Bloodbath - RTC
6.Edge of Sanity - Crimson
7.Death - Smybolic
8.Slayer - South of Heaven
9.Slayer - Reign in Blood
10.Anything by Queen and Led Zeppelin, Nightingale etc.

You think? i have all of them, but i dunno i just really like that one, i prefer john lennon solo stuff, but not all of it, its like on some of the albums they have quite a few dud songs, john lennon best of releases are awesome though.

cthulufhtagn said:
mmm, sgt peppers is their most overrated album, i think it's mediocre at best. revolver beats it more than a red-headed stepchild.

i can easily understand you preferring revolver to sgt. peppers. but to say its mediocre at best of ANY beatles album...is an excersize in stupidity. sorry pal.

considering just about any latter period beatles album is better than any opeth album, and you havent referred to any Opeth as "mediocre at best" yet. ;)

NineFeetUnderground said:
considering just about any latter period beatles album is better than any opeth album, and you havent referred to any Opeth as "mediocre at best" yet. ;)

even Let It Be?

I don't know about that

and since when I posted in this thread the first time I just listed a bunch of good albums and not a top 10, I'll do it now

No order

The Beatles - Beatles For Sale
The Beatles - Help!
The Beatles - Revolver
Led Zeppelin - IV
The Jimi Hendrix Experience - Are You Experienced?
Bob Dylan - Highway 61 Revisited
Bob Dylan - The Times They Are A-Changin'
Caravan - In The Land Of Grey And Pink
Pink Floyd - Dark Side of The Moon
Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here

I'm a Lennon guy, and since he was the implied 'leader' of the band for the earlier albums, they are my favorites. Since Paul's influence overtook John's a little later on, I don't like the later albums as much.

i'd prefer to listen to mid to later beatles, but i still love the early stuff too. hell, i love every album they recorded, to be honest. my favorite "old" album is hard days night though..what a great fucking cd.

No particular order:

Opeth - Still Life
Opeth - Blackwater Park
Metallica - And Justice For All
Strapping Young Lad - City
Alice In Chains - Dirt
Offspring - Smash
Nirvana - Nevermind
Disillusion - Back To Times Of Splendor
The Faint - Danse Macabre
Front Line Assembly - Civilization

Shadows Skulk said:
even Let It Be?

I don't know about that

and since when I posted in this thread the first time I just listed a bunch of good albums and not a top 10, I'll do it now

No order

The Beatles - Beatles For Sale
The Beatles - Help!
The Beatles - Revolver
Led Zeppelin - IV
The Jimi Hendrix Experience - Are You Experienced?
Bob Dylan - Highway 61 Revisited
Bob Dylan - The Times They Are A-Changin'
Caravan - In The Land Of Grey And Pink
Pink Floyd - Dark Side of The Moon
Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here

whats wrong with let it be? the long and winding road itself is one of their strongest songs ever...as well as it kicks the pants off most Opeth songs. (no offense to Opeth, im assuming mike would agree anyway)

whats wrong with let it be? the long and winding road itself is one of their strongest songs ever...as well as it kicks the pants off most Opeth songs. (no offense to Opeth, im assuming mike would agree anyway)

heh, i like nearly EVERY beatles song..but long and winding road? something about it i just don't care for it much. the stripped verison on let it be naked is better though, i think.

i can easily understand you preferring revolver to sgt. peppers. but to say its mediocre at best of ANY beatles album...is an excersize in stupidity. sorry pal.

sgt. peppers is by far the most overrated beatles album. a few flashy studio tricks and good timing made it a classic with boomers, but it doesn't make up for the ho-hum songwriting. "lovely rita"? "she's leaving home"? hardly standout material, especially by the beatles standard. "good morning" is like a subpar version of the much better "here comes the sun". i'm sorry, "when i'm sixty-four" annoys the hell out of me too, mccartney could write that in his sleep. and for being such revolutionaries, "getting better" is an awfully anti-hippie sentiment. sure, "a day in the life" is a classic, but a lot of pompous posturing, lsd, and silly costumes alone do not a great album make.

and don't even try to say "black metal bands have plenty of pompous posturing and silly costumes" because i know they do, and plenty of black metal albums suck more dick than sgt peppers.

for the record, once upon a time i was a beatles fanatic, and i do have great respect for them. but their legendary status is no defense against logical criticism.

1.Agalloch - Pale Folklore
2.Silencer - Death - Pierce Me
3.Opeth - My Arms, Your Hearse
4.Tool - Lateralus
6.Emperor - In The Nightside Eclipse
6.Ulver - Bergtatt
7.Burzum - Filosofem
8.Zyklon - World OV Worms
9.Kyuss - ...And The Circus Leaves Town
10.Meshuggah - Destroy Erase Improve

Ones that didn't quite make the list...
Katatonia - Brave Murder day
Novembre - Classica
Taake - Nattestid ser porten vid
Soundgarden - Superunknown
Cryptopsy - None So Vile
Nazxul - Totem
Thorns - Thorns
A Perfect Circle - Mer De Noms
Alice in Chains - Dirt
Limbonic Art - Moon in the Scorpio
Death - Symbolic
My Dying Bride - The Angel and The Dark River
Mastodon - Remission
Napalm Death - Scum
Diabolica Masquerade - Death's Design
Immortal - Pure Holocaust
Vehemence - Helping the World to See
Bloodbath - Resurrection through Carnage
Kraftwerk - Autobahn
In The Woods... - Return to the Isle of Men
Dodheimsgard - 666 International
Darkthrone - Transilvianian Hunger
Woods of Ypres - Pursuit of the Sun and Allure of the Earth
Suffocation - Pierced from Within
Sigh - Imaginary Sonicscape
Nurse with Wound - Acts of Senseless Beauty
Drudkh - Autumn Aurora
Cynic - Focus
Borknagar - The Olden Domain

Gah...too many cds, there's probably some others that I somehow forgot.