Top Ten of 2011 Lists!

Aug 14, 2008
We're halfway into October, which means this is really the last month-and-a-half of 2011 releases as December is pretty much exclusively reserved for Christmas albums.

Have you bros had the time to digest most of everything 2011 has to offer, or are there a last few releases left before dropping your list? If you think you are ready, come at this thread brahs!

I for one am almost ready. I still need to check out the new Iced Earth, Junius, Vildhjarta, Insomnium and the new ICS Vortex (although I doubt any of these will actually change my mind about my top 10), and I think it would be a cool thread to maybe make some last minute discoveries from people who have their lists set!

I still need to give the new Voyager, Opeth, Sun Caged, Textures and Unexpect albums a full listen. Just casually listened to tracks off those so far.

10.Work of Art - In Progress
9.Satan's Host - By the hands of the Devil
8. The Poodles - Performocracy
7.House of Lords - Big Money
6.Outloud - Love Catastrophe
5.Voodoo Circle - Broken Heart Syndrome
4.Magnum - Visitation
3.Xorigin - State of the Art
2.Eden's Curse - Trinity
1. Magic Kingdom - Symphony of War

There are a few more i would say are just as good as everyone in my top ten to me Strato, Whitesnake, Mr Big and many more great albums in 2011 but this is what plays the most for me right now. I'm sure all of these albums did come out in 2011 im not about to start double checking. I bought them in 2011 if that counts and, they rock.

I seem to be enjoying the prog stuff the most. My top four are all prog and I highly doubt they will change before the end of the year. I flip flop as to which one is the best from week to week. These are all AWESOME!

Leprous - Bilateral
Dream Theater - A Dramatic Turn Of Events
Symphony X - Iconoclast
Arch/Matheos - Sympathetic Resonance

The rest of my top ten is still TBD.

Arch/Matheos - Symphatheic Resonance
Magic Pie - The Suffering Joy
Steven Wilson - Grace for Drowning
Dream Theater - ADTOE
Symphony X - Iconoclast
Saxon - Call to Arms
Hell - Human Remains
Artizan - Curse of the Artizan
Fullforce - S/T
Demon's Eye - The Stranger Within

EP:

Blotted Science

This is going to be a tough list for me: Haken, Redemption, Voyager, Anubis Gate, Enbound, Dream Theater, Lost in Thought, Leprous, the forthcoming Myrath...wow, I have some thinking to do.

10.Work of Art - In Progress
9.Satan's Host - By the hands of the Devil
8. The Poodles - Performocracy
7.House of Lords - Big Money
6.Outloud - Love Catastrophe
5.Voodoo Circle - Broken Heart Syndrome
4.Magnum - Visitation
3.Xorigin - State of the Art
2.Eden's Curse - Trinity
1. Magic Kingdom - Symphony of War
Dude, I seriously have not heard any of these bands, ever, with the exception of perhaps Magic Kingdom and the Poodles. :lol:

My list, although still NOT in order:

Borealis - Fall From Grace
Leprous - Bilateral
Dream Theater - A Dramatic Turn of Events
Jolly - The Audio Guide to Happiness
Myrath - Tales of the Sand
Voyager - The Meaning of I
Pagan's Mind - Heavenly Ecstasy
Lost in Thought - Opus Arise
Symfonia - In Paradisum
Decapitated - Carnival is Forever
Eldritch - Gaia's Legacy
Eumeria - Rebel Mind
Haken - Visions
Symphony X - Iconoclast (from disappointment to top of the year... lol)
Amaranthe - Amaranthe
Appearance of Nothing - All Gods Are Gone

Symfonia - In Paradisum

I knew I forgot something, this album is great.

Most of my choices are more AOR/Power. You might know Voodoo Circle with Alex from Silent Force and David From PC69, and Magnum with Bob Catley, Satan's Host is Harry Conklin of Jag Panzer singing on that album anyway it really rocks.

I knew I forgot something, this album is great.

Most of my choices are more AOR/Power. You might know Voodoo Circle with Alex from Silent Force and David From PC69, and Magnum with Bob Catley, Satan's Host is Harry Conklin of Jag Panzer singing on that album anyway it really rocks.

David Readman and Harry Conklin have just put those two names in my list to check out. Thanks for the recommendation bro! :)

:zombie:

House of Lords & Magnum have been around for decades.

Plus, Voodoo Circle was friggin' awesome.

:lol: I know, I know... For some reason they fall under that category in which the name always pops up, yet for some reason I never check them out. Go figure...

Dude, I seriously have not heard any of these bands, ever, with the exception of perhaps Magic Kingdom and the Poodles. :lol:

The Satan's Host record is very good. Dark, thrashy USPM that at times almost sounds like death metal with power metal vocals. They have a very interesting history.

My favorites of 2011 - and the order keeps changing!

1. Journey - Eclipse
2. Work Of Art - In Progress
3. Stryper - The Covering
4. Toby Hitchcock - Mercury's Down
5. Rob Moratti - Victory
6. Edguy - Age of the Joker
7. Night Ranger - Somewhere in California
8. Dream Theater - A Dramatic Turn of Events
9. Nelson - Lightning Strikes Twice
10. Crashdiet - Generation Wild

Looking forward to the Iced Earth next week so that disc will most likely make its way onto my list.........

I'm not sure what the point of this post is. That thread is for Rolling top 10 lists and this one is for definitive, decided lists. Why should there be one monstrous confusing thread?

Because when one starts a "Top 10 List" thread in early October, people will inevitably go back and edit their lists. Then, its no longer a definitive list and would be better suited in the rolling top 10 list thread. This is just an opinion; we'll see how many posts are edited (or how many people re-post) by January 1st.

November is the last month for album releases in 2011, and there aren't many coming out (the charts are dominated by Christmas albums + labels don't work on the holidays). And so what if people go back and edit their posts? Better to do it on something more recent than a thread that is several pages long and goes back almost a year ago. Stop whining.