Suffocation - Pierced from Within
!T.O.O.H.! - Pod vládou biče
Atheist - Unquestionable Presence
Death - Symbolic
Artificial Brain - Labyrinth Constellation
Psycroptic - The Isle of Disenchantment
Cryptopsy - None So Vile
Decapitated - Winds of Creation

Decided to omit Nile because I always have trouble deciding on a favourite album. Also no doubles.

Non-album honourable mentions:

Nefas - Transfiguration to the Ancient's Form (EP)
Ferocity - Puzzled Into Various Spaces (demo)
Inertial Mass - Guest for Autopsy (demo)
Embrionic Death - Stream of Solidarity (demo)
Nefas - He Was Born (demo)

I thought Necrotism would, but wasn't too sure either. I know Michael Amott and Bill Steer goes nuts on some tight guitar playing on that album.

Evisceration Plague rules! Currently the only CC album I own tho.
for sure, and they arguably got better and better as far as chops go. But that album and Symphonies are by faaar their best albums imo.
Ordered:
Decided to omit Nile because I always have trouble deciding on a favourite album.
nice looking list :kickass: And while i love Nile, i dont think any of their albums are god tier technical death metal, some do come close but there are quite a few 4.5 star albums i had to leave off. I think their strongpoint is the fact that they are one of the most consistent technical death metal bands, or shit one of the most consistent death metal bands overall. They've been releasing good albums for over two decades and that's not something we can say about most other bands

Reactions: CiG
And while i love Nile, i dont think any of their albums are god tier technical death metal, some do come close but there are quite a few 4.5 star albums i had to leave off.

I agree, probably why I was unable to choose an album. Nile are one of the best bands at touching upon "old school" death metal, technical death metal and brutal death metal but because of that they don't particularly dominate any of those subgenres/styles. Like you say, they're just extremely consistent and reliable and at times maybe even underrated.

Reactions: TechnicalBarbarity
speaking of modern tech-death, The Faceless are a true progressive/technical death metal band that pretty much changed their sound on all of their albums from their deathcore influenced debut all the way to this mindfuckery....

... up there with my favorite track from them ....

Reactions: CiG and Sophii
speaking of modern tech-death. The Faceless are a true progressive/technical death metal band that pretty much changed their sound on all of their albums from their deathcore influenced debut all the way to this mindfuckery....

... up there with my favorite track from them ....

Man I'm incredibly hit and miss with this band, but I'm not gonna deny how fucking nuts they are, even from their adolescent beginning. Autotheist will always be my favorite album of theirs. I need to check out their newest shit for sure.

Reactions: TechnicalBarbarity
I mean it’s not really my thing but I’m awake after watching McGregor shock the shit out of me soooo.

1. Demilich - Nespithe
2. Nile - Amongst the Catacombs of Nephren-Ka
3. Atheist - Piece of Time
4. Cryptopsy- None so Vile
5. Suffocation - Effigy of the Forgotten
6. Dying Fetus - Destroy the Opposition
7. Lykathea Aflame - Elvenefris
8. Mithras - Worlds Beyond the Veil
9. Psycroptic - The Scepter of the Ancients
10. Decrepit Birth - Diminishing Between Worlds

Never delved too deep into tech-death but I like/liked these a lot:

Demilich - Nespithe