Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Scarlett's Walk

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Strange Little Girls

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • The Beekeeper

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Regarding George Michael, I recently watched the Freddie Mercury Concert from 1992 and he does a cover of Somebody To Love that is just too good to be true, the guy has an incredible voice, the only performer who could step up to Freddie's standards.

Liquid Diamonds said:
Whitney Houston and George Michael are not better than Tori Amos. They just aren't. They have both partaken in some classic records, but both fall short of Tori in the long run.

Oh, and Affinityband... trust me, I LOVE beer!!!!!! Especially Guinness.

whitney had four #1 singles on her debut album. tori amos covered "raining blood". what a worthless cunt.

NineFeetUnderground said:
request denied. go clean your vag.

That seems a bit unreasonable, doesn't it?

You leave me no choice but to take a road trip down to southern cali with Skulk, crucify you upside down on a cactus(or rectally impale), desecrate your bed, and make off with your record collection. We know your real name and where you live, dear rosebud.

^i never thought you would use those references as "facts" to determine who's better and who's a "cunt"

how sad

edit_ @ NFU's last post

Selkie said:
That seems a bit unreasonable, doesn't it?

You leave me no choice but to take a road trip down to southern cali with Skulk, crucify you upside down on a cactus(or rectally impale), desecrate your bed, and make off with your record collection. We know your real name and where you live, dear rosebud.

rofl
whoops :welpfolks:

worldwide_suicide said:
^i never thought you would use those references as "facts" to determine who's better and who's a "cunt"

how sad

edit_ @ NFU's last post

uhhh
tori covered raining blood: fact.
whitney houston had four #1 singles on her debut album: fact.

but dont get me wrong, tori would be a cunt even if she managed to accidentally make it into the charts consistantly (which we know she cant even if she tried).

NineFeetUnderground said:
whitney had four #1 singles on her debut album.

And how many of them did she actually write? 0? This makes her achievement about as impressive as that of the backstreet boys getting 3 or 4 #1 singles off their debut album. She can sing, but she sure as hell can't be considered a great songwriter. Wasn't her really huge hit a Dolly Parton cover?

NFU, please, my good man... don't tell me you're using the argument that somebody has sold more records, and therefore they are better? That's very weak. I laughed out loud at a friend of mine who did that once (in a 'Rammestein Vs. Opeth' debate), but at least he was clearly an idiot.

That's like saying 'Five Leaves Left' by Nick Drake is no good because nobody bought it.

I listened to TA mostly in college. I have quite fond memories of college. Listening to TA brings back those memories. Therefore, talented or not, derivative or not, I like to listen to her. It's why Little Earthquakes is my favorite disc. It's the one I listened to the most in college. No other "better" female singer songwriter can do that (though closely behind in the "takes me back" category is the Story's 'Grace in Gravity').

If I listened to female singer songwriters more often, I might give a fuck about all of this. But I don't, so I'm content to be Plebian and merely like what I like.

i aint play this said:
Don't you ever joke about Drake like that again

actually, i felt sooo sick and bad just typing that... but i wanted it to be shock-worthy to get my point across.

i apologize to all humankind for my joke :cry:

first time hearing the raining blood cover. i actually found it interesting and rather effective.