Torn Remaster request!

saster

New Metal Member
Mar 5, 2009
I love the album, but the sound quality is SOOOOOO BAAAAD I cannot even play it on my hifi system!
I don't know who post mastered the album but he/she should be put in a meat grinder for destroying such a nice album!

So please consider a remaster!!!!!

/S

yes, i hear no wrong in the mastering.. its a bit compact.. but that's how metal sounds like today.. first of all.. do you work with sounds or as a producer ect ect.. how can you else tell if its a bad master?.. an album wich should be remasterd is metallicas death magnetic..
torn doesn't suffer from this.. neither a bad mix nor a bad master :)

Last edited by a moderator:
What the heck are you guys using to listen to it????????????

The sound quality is horrible .. sounds like they had 10 compressors working in overdrive.

I love the songs, but I can only listen to them on low volume on my lousy computer speakers at work.

As an artist I would be soooo pissed if someone ruined my work this way.

/S

What the heck are you guys using to listen to it????????????

The sound quality is horrible .. sounds like they had 10 compressors working in overdrive.

I love the songs, but I can only listen to them on low volume on my lousy computer speakers at work.

As an artist I would be soooo pissed if someone ruined my work this way.

/S

Apparently, a lot of folks dissagree...

It sounds brillant both in my iPod and in my old Creative 128MB :headbang:
I agree that the sound is different from the other albums, so you cannot have the same sound as in Recreation Day...the guitars are more compressed and powerful, so it sounds different, but the "noisy" effect isn't a mixing issue: the production is clear and optimal!

Well .. i guess i'm speaking to "deaf" ears here ..
I just don't get how you can say it sounds ok?

We can only hope they make a live recording on a DVD/Blu-ray and leaves the compressor OFF that time.

The "A night to remember" dvd was easily the best recording they have done.

/S

I use SHURE E530 earphones ( among the very best earphones on the market at present) and a very good Sony player , and I must say that , even with wma 320 kbps , the sound quality on Torn(album) isn't that good... ( no offense to Evergrey , which is now my favorite band , thus replacing Megadeth... )

I rather enjoyed it when I had only my SHURE e2c earphones , but now that I've got the will-give-you-the-authentic-sound earphones , I have to agree this album deserves a better sound ( in fact it seems that effects that should have been applied only to guitars , have been applied to each track considered as a whole : even the cymbals sound saturated... )

You're not deaf, Saster. Torn is indeed mastered very loud and the album is one big wall of sound all the way through, with almost no dynamics whatsoever. The sounds are pretty good theirselves, but mastering jobs like this just tires the ears. It may sound big in the beginning, but this album has no punch whatsoever. I'd even take the sloppy Recreation Day production over this over compressed album.

You're not deaf, Saster. Torn is indeed mastered very loud and the album is one big wall of sound all the way through, with almost no dynamics whatsoever. The sounds are pretty good theirselves, but mastering jobs like this just tires the ears. It may sound big in the beginning, but this album has no punch whatsoever. I'd even take the sloppy Recreation Day production over this over compressed album.

I was calling the others "deaf" .. not myself :Smug:

Torn is indeed a sad piece of recording...
Too bad since I think it contains some of the best material Evergrey has written!

/S

Dude, if you want dynamics, go to Opeth. Probably the dense guitar tone is not what you like...personally the Engl Savage/5150 combo was not to my liking at first, but now I love it. I think the drums get overpowered at bits though.

Btw, Recreation Day is quite raw sounding (esp. in comparison to In Search of Truth), but somehow still sounds awesome. Kinda like Fredrik Nordstrom's work with the Haunted and Nightrage.

If you actaully look at the sound charted out you will fidnt aht torn is not compressed that much, at least compared to most melodeath and death metal bands. The actual tone is amazing, to mee the snare is over compressed, becuase it sound chokced off when its hit all by itself and you really hear it. I am not hearing this hoorrible compression that you speak of.

To me their best tone came from a night to remember and the inner cirlce, whcih were great tone wise and master wise. sure torn is compressed more than normal but its not as bad as you're making it out to be. Now complaining that the keys are too low is a better argument.

^^^ exactly the keys are way too low is my only problem with the record other than that the cd is fine.

The best thing you can do is use the equalizer. Experiment a bit and you can make the album sound a bit less crappy. But I know it's tough, production is really horrible. And no matter how much you change the mix, it still hurts not to have Patrick Carlsson playing drums.

The best thing you can do is use the equalizer. Experiment a bit and you can make the album sound a bit less crappy. But I know it's tough, production is really horrible. And no matter how much you change the mix, it still hurts not to have Patrick Carlsson playing drums.

I have always liked jpnas's playing better. But player skill has nothing to do with how a mix sounds and how it is mastered. If it is mastered like shit, a good drummer will sound bad.