TotalRock Petition

Post 507!!!

Yeah I voted, I'm not even from England I guess I wanna fit in the cool crowd. :)

Seriously I did vote, I enjoy listening to it online and wish I could have station like that play on my radio. As I understand that England sucks for media music at the moment.(too much techno crap) Metal needs to be promoted. That bastard Krusher's rules. ;)

to be honest, you're right Veil the Sky, having thousands of pounds always helps... but at the same time if we can show the radio authority there is a genuine interest by the public to have such a station maybe they will give us a slot... even if it's only a London only frequency at first... it's a start... and then we move on from there.

depends on what you mean by extreme stuff... I know my wife will always play Melodic Death metal... and if they try to take that away from her... she won't do the show anymore...

that's a good point though.

the underground is in a constant state of revolution.

something starts out extreme and underground (eg magazine) and as soon as it becomes poopular amongst the underground and gets better funding, it "opens up" to a larger audience (read as sell-out) so for underground media to expand is to stop being so extreme. it will inevitably stop playing the more extreme stuff if it gets on the airwaves.

i don't think you want to be XFM. I'm not against the idea of total rock being on the airwaves. I signed the petition and i hope that you get as much exposure as possible. The only issue is the direct contradiction of underground culture and commercial concerns.

There wont be an accountant or financial advisor telling anyone at totalrock to play more unsigned bands or emerging bands who currently get much needed exposure on totalrock. I am only concerned about losing a valuable part of metal culture. It has been long enough in coming that a station will play the stuff you get to hear on totalrock.

Total Rock is the most diverse rock station out there, you would be a fool not to support it if you truelly love rock/metal etc! they cover everything so tune in and VOTE for the license, it's very important for them to get one! and no they wont sell out but just remember it is TOTAL ROCK so expect mainstream aswell as underground...they are not about to sell out, if you fear that then you don't get what Total Rock is about; passionate promotion of music that the individual DJs believe in. It is also down to the listeners with regards what gets played so be apart of it and make your opinion known in the various polls held on totalrock's homepage and send in requests. Make a difference! interact!