Tour North America, PLEASE!

Originally Posted by Screcrowman
I think Kalmah should try to do a tour with CoB or Dark Tranquillity. I know alot of you people dislike CoB but it would get them noticed.

Ya man, imagine Kalmah with Dark Tranquility... In North America... I'm getting shivers down my spine. Damn right it'll get them noticed and as far as Im concerned there's nothing wrong with CoB

I know CoB recently had a tour that went to Toronto and Montreal (I missed both) but I want more Scandinavian metal bands in Canada!!

logo_senators.gif

No offence to you guys but I kinda hope Kalmah never gets big in the states. Just look at what happened to In Flames and Children of Bodom. Both got some popularity out there and bang, fucking metalcore bullshit and farewell for real metal. US seems to corrupt good european bands and turn them to metalcore. North american metal fans have my full respect but the big US markets must be really tempting for small european bands who dont usually get any big venues and stuff like that.

Big metal fests like Wacken or Tuska are always good choises. Alot of metal folks around the world to meet and language should be no problem becouse in fests most speak english. But yea, it must be quite expensive to travel over the sea, buy the tickets and find a place to sleep at. The best option is probably to have "normal" holiday timed right and visit alot of places in addition to a metal fest.

Look at Dark Tranquillity, they've been getting popular and their newest cd is incredible. Opeth is popular and still stay to their roots. Well, they sound abit different but you don't always want to sound the exact same.

It depends on the person, In Flames and CoB basically got really greedy with money and they don't seem to care if they change their style to be more popular. In Flames newest record has gotten abit better, yes still not as good as Clayman but still better then Soundtrack.

Not all bands turn to crap with popularity, some actually get better (Unbelievable I know!). I just wouldn't mind seeing Kalmah actually have a tour opening for someone and actually have fun and do some shows instead of a few. Maybe someone like Kataklysm ? I dunno, they could do a big enough North American tour with a big enough band that isn't in the mainstream yet.

Also, I hope they do get a slot in Wacken or some more big festivals. It'd be sweet.

^ i agree, DT's new cd is amazing...its a shame that some bands get really greedy, i think most bands should try to stick to their roots no matter what

Infernium said:
No offence to you guys but I kinda hope Kalmah never gets big in the states. Just look at what happened to In Flames and Children of Bodom. Both got some popularity out there and bang, fucking metalcore bullshit and farewell for real metal. US seems to corrupt good european bands and turn them to metalcore. North american metal fans have my full respect but the big US markets must be really tempting for small european bands who dont usually get any big venues and stuff like that.
Blaming another country for bands changing their music is retarded. There have been countless other bands who have stayed true to their sound while making more money.

Money is always tempting, but don't accuse the US of "corrupting good European bands and turning them into metalcore", thats horseshit. If a band is going to change their style for cash, they'll do it anyways. With or without the US.

eggo said:
Blaming another country for bands changing their music is retarded. There have been countless other bands who have stayed true to their sound while making more money.

Money is always tempting, but don't accuse the US of "corrupting good European bands and turning them into metalcore", thats horseshit. If a band is going to change their style for cash, they'll do it anyways. With or without the US.

+1 x 1,000,000

Greedy bastards! Share Kalmah with us. Kalmah and DT would be so much more than a dream come true...:worship:

Screcrowman said:
EToS would be sweet to see on tour with DT and Kalmah :)

I finaly got some full songs for Before the Bleeding Sun and its pretty wicked!

yea aDT + EToS and kalmah would be a sweet US tour to go to

eggo said:

I'm not accusing it as a country, as it would be someway different from the others, but as you said too it's money where the problem is. There are no real money in the music business outside of US. There are no markets like US anywhere around the world, so changing style for money is not hardly going to happen anywhere else but the states. But these are just my thoughts, what the band does or doesnt do are none of my worries really.

^ try fucking Northern Canada... Not that I live in that area but cmon that would suck even more.

Good bands rarely come here either but Montreal is 2 hours away :).
Thank god for those quebeckers :headbang:.