[TOUR] PAGANFEST USA: THE OFFICIAL THREAD

GeigeIstKrieg

The former bald guy
Mar 9, 2006
www.turisas.com
Hey guys

I thought it might be wise to just do one thread for the whole tour. Feel free to post anything about the gigs, setlists and whatnot.

Today we're in Worcester, New England Metal and Hardcore Festival. They have something like 30 bands playing here today, so we're limited to a 25 min set. Just arrived this morning from Canada: the shows in Toronto and Montreal were bloody amazing, so big thanks for all the crazy canucks who showed up!:loco:

Just came from the New England Metal and Harcore Festival. The Pagan Fest portion was amazing! And especially being able to meet everyone and attaining their signatures!!! Eluviente did pretty good. Tyr were brilliant!! Turisas had more of the crowd than any other, and they put a great show. Ensiferum was great as well! If I recall correctly..Turisas played Holmgard and Beyond, Rasputin, and Battle Metal.

The only downfalls to this gig was, 1. Pagan Fest time was cut short. 2. The other "hardcore" bands were not good.

There was at least one amusing moment though. I happened to be browsing the merch, so I heared another band play. "We have nothing to do with religion, but we love and believe in Jesus Christ". Or something along the lines. I couldn't help but laugh at such a statement where they basically definded religion while saying they have nothing to do with it :google: But many seemed very into it :Shrug:

Anyhow, well worth it! Even though, I only quested here for the pagan fest portion----but more than worth it and I hope they will continue to do this Pagan Fest.

I've got my ticket for the May 5 show (Cinco de Mayo :kickass:) and I can't wait! Even though it's a Monday and I'll be coming straight from work and I have to work the next day...o_O

Oh well...sleep is for the weak! I've been waiting for a chance to see Turisas for years and I'm not about to pass it up now. I do hope they have time for more than 3 songs though.

I'll be there in Atlanta....can't wait to hear in the Court of Jarisleif live

Anyone know all the setlists from Jaxx last night?

The show in montreal was one of the best i've ever seen. Awesome performance.

Here's a wall of death at the beginning of rasputin haha.

[ame]http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=zZzLoWwhsX0[/ame]

he clearly said "don't run into yourselves like a bunch of idiots" but oh well, we did. ^^

Can't wait to see you guys again. :kickass:

...† DEAD †...;7207802 said:
The show in montreal was one of the best i've ever seen. Awesome performance.

Here's a wall of death at the beginning of rasputin haha.

he clearly said "don't run into yourselves like a bunch of idiots" but oh well, we did. ^^

Can't wait to see you guys again. :kickass:

Looks like a ton of fun, although I feel a bit old to participate in a pit anymore! Just a couple of weeks til they hit Atlanta.

Cheers.

Bill

The Toronto show was absolutely unreal.
Turisas were amazing, I didn't realize how many people enjoyed this particular kind of metal. Especially the youngins, I almost felt old at the age of 24.
I picked up my tickets last minute, the day before the show. You will kick yourself if you miss it.

...† DEAD †...;7214741 said:
Yeah here's the setlist in montreal.

The Dnieper Rapids
To Holmgard And Beyond
A Portage To The Unknown
One More
In The Court Of Jarisleif
Rasputin
Battle Metal

^^

Thanks much! Glad to see Court...quite the interesting song. Would love to hear Cursed Be Iron live, though.

Bill

Here are a couple of pictures from the Jaxx show in Virginia this past Monday:

IMG_2388Medium.jpg

IMG_2389Medium.jpg

Caught the show in Denver this past Saturday and it was AWESOME!!!!! :headbang::headbang::headbang: Eluvietie, Tyr, Turisas, and Ensiferum!
Did NOT participate in the mosh but plenty of others were out to crack some heads in:lol: Turisas had the best performance of the night with Tyr right on their heels. I only wish they had a bigger selection of t-shirts cuz I wasn't able to get a TURISAS one:cry: Got the bag though:cool: Makes the peeps at work wonder:Smug:

The Denver show was great!!!! Turisas was the best act! Tyr was also awesome! I cant wait untill they come back! Not to mention the new Tyr album next month!:kickass:

Seattle show kicked ass! :kickass:

Turisas definitely had the best crowd response - not easy to get everybody going on a Monday night. Ensiferum had a hard time following it up, especially since the crowd seemed to be getting tired by then.