[TOUR] PAGANFEST USA: THE OFFICIAL THREAD

I've been playing Turisas at work when I can get away with it and I've received positive responses from those who enter my lair.

Turisas absolutely ruled Paganfest last night. Sound was a bit off for the first couple of songs (couldn't hear the accordian or backing tracks much), but once that was straight, they killed. Quite the show.

Many thanks to the band.

Ensiferum played quite well. It was cool that they played Victory Song, but I was hoping they'd play the Wanderer. It's been in my head off and on since I first heard it, and it's one of the few songs they have that I know well enough to sing along to. Funny when the bass player left the stage early and they had to wait for him to come back. (SAMI!!!) :lol:

Apparently Sami was violently ill :puke: for the Canadian shows and a couple of the Pacific Northwest shows (I know at least Seattle and Portland). When I saw them in Oregon he looked pretty ragged and the other guys looked a bit under the weather as well, I am guessing that is why he left a bit early.

Last night in raleigh was amazing. I didnt think people in our area knew much about this kind of music, but boy was i wrong! there were people with kilts, and horns and all kinds of awesome stuff. Eluveitie had an awesome performance, Tyr wasn't bad, Turisas were amazing, last but not least Ensiferum put on a great show. I was up front for almost the whole show but i started to get de-hydrated and left for a drink near the end of ensiferum:erk:. when ensiferum started battle song i ran into the pit, BIG mistake!, i got run into by some guy 5 times my size, and went flying and lost my shoe. All in all it was a great performance.

I am, I told some friends about the show and so 3 of em are coming with me. We shall all be sporting our paint!:headbang:

It may have been you whom I took the picture of (twice, on account of a screwy camera); I'll PM the picture and you can let me know.

What a coincidence that our paths may have crossed at the concert!

Definitely was the best show of my entire life in Atlanta......Ensiferum was the best but Turisas was definitely more energetic and fun.....I'm so glad I finally got to see them

Hopefully they will come back soon :)

P1000575.jpg

P1000576.jpg

P1000578-1.jpg

@all: what model camera did you use, and would you recommend it?

i'm far away form anything to be pro and i dont wanna go into pro anyway, but i'd still recommend you my own cam. it does pretty nice pics even if you're rather far away (i avoid photopitches :-D) and has excellent sound - if you also like to do video footages every now and then. the pictures usually turn out very well. you can set pretty much in the manual settings as well. its a sony DSC N-2. i guess i payed around 300e back then, its an older model so it might not be available anymore.

DSC02841-1.jpg

DSC02546-1.jpg

DSC02912.jpg

so far so offtopic. back to madness. i've been to new york paganfest. nice experience to see those bands i've seen like a million times already now in america. never been there before, i went on a holiday with my brother and combined it with this trip. venue was pretty much filled but the audience couldnt really get as partying as in central europe (or legendary gloria gig in 08/07 :-D). also it was weird to see a tour ending like this, in central europe its common to do much jokes to other bands when having the last gig on the tour (and there were a LOT of them on paganfest europe tour ending :-D). i'm really happy we attended this gig and not any other, i heard it was one of the best gigs on the tour. so, thats nice! any more pics from the paganfests somewhere? :-D

@all: what model camera did you use, and would you recommend it?

I have a Canon XTi DigSLR with a 28mm 1.8f lens, but before this cam I had the Sony DSC-V3, which is a smaller non SLR camera that takes great photos.

A good resource for trying to figure which digital camera to get is http://www.dpreview.com. They have a great side by side comparison buying guide and in depth product reviews that give probably more information than most people ever need know.

My older smaller cam took these photos to give you an idea of what it can do:

00992.jpg

04993.jpg

04612.jpg

Turisas is fucking awesome.
I can't wait for their newest tour - too bad it's with DF.

Anyways, here's my contribution:
Turisas in Atlanta

Last edited by a moderator: