touring : 2nd guitar goes to...

Couldnt agree more but also consider that Holma played many solos when touring with Hypo.

So yes, Alexei will play solos.
He will add shit to them.
He will try to pull the show.

sad but true

A taste of Extreme Alexi?

I can relate to what your saying about "Respect in the dm community," but screw it man, Hypocrisy will kick ass wether 5 people are there or 500 on tour.

i'm still in trauma since the amorphis/children of bodom gig here... for me there is no problem with teenagers, but when i listened things like "this band is crap!!" (talking about amorphis) or "who the fucking shit are those gays called amorphis?"... they deserve to die

children of bodom and hypocrisy had toured in the past, so i hope if there will be any tour in the future here for Hypocrisy, they won't come with Children as Amorphis did... they only played 50 minutes... crap

and you've sayed the rest... the image of Laiho as a rebel-bad angry boy is for those teenagers who needs to identify themselves with some idol and not for a band like Hypocrisy

maybe they are friends... and thats ok, but a 2º guitar with makeup and spiting all over the stage to make his fans gets wet...

please nooooooooooooooooooooooooo o_O

I mention already that I dont hate COB

But Ive been around DM scene here for like 15 years, and I was fucking discouraged by the COB fans I saw at the gig 3 weeks ago (Black Dahlia + COB)

I admit claiming people are retarded...is not OK, but sometimes we just cant help it, and I tend toget emotional when its about what has been one of my faveband since 1993, and my absolute fave since 1996

Trust me not every COB fan is content with their trademark young audience. I totally enjoy their music, and the fact Alexi's appearance and the versatility of their music attracts also younger people isn't something that prevents me being a fan.

You're concerned about Alexi being involved with Hypocrisy making you seem a less credible DM fan. He's a good guitarist and that's all there is to it. Like I said on another forum, I wouldn't care if Bodom needed a new rhytm guitarist and they picked Will Smith if he was an expert with the guitar.

You might call me a COB fanboy, but don't get me wrong; I'm not happy about some recent moves they've pulled off, such as attracting new type of fanbase with a more mainstream vibe album, and then there's this cover song compilationg album thing which maybe crosses the line with my toleration of humour involved in metal.

I'm hoping this tour will influence Alexi so he starts writing good music again.

I've been hoping Alexi would co-operate with Tägtgren more closely now that he's preparing to write the new COB album. Knowing Peter's abilities in creating the characteristic feeling to Hypocrisy and some of the depth he's created to Pain with the synthesizer is something I'd like to see influencing COB.

I encourage all participants of this tour to maintain on open mind and have fun, and I hope Alexi pulls off some exiting improvisation on his guitar.

well I see exactly the opposite, I dont want Peter AND Alexei to collaborate too much because I dont want Hypocrisy to be ''tainted'' by Alexi's sound.

COB sounds ok but I dont want any of it in Hypocrisy.

and I hope Alexi pulls off some exiting improvisation on his guitar

NO NO NO

Why would Hypocrisy need that ???? it wont fit and its not needed!!!!

You're concerned about Alexi being involved with Hypocrisy making you seem a less credible DM fan

you read it all wrong, its not about ME, but about Hypocrisy's reputation among the global DM community. Im tired of almost everyone ignoring Hypocrisy completely or thinking of it has an half dead melodeath standard band sounding like Inflames.

oh and one last thing...

this is non-negotiable, if you disagree, you're a hipster faggot and are begging to have your face raped.

that works in both directions yanno ;)

^That's his signature :) And with an username like mine I'm not gonna bother making further comments besides saying that Alexi's a good player. Yes he should raise his guitar and that'd take the remains of his slopines (highly decreased on the recent tours) off, and perhaps drink something less, but he's good, and Peter knows that. Won't comment more as you'll thrash it out bashing it on my username. Can't blame you though, I guess.

@A1a23: Alexi just played a solo (and a real good one and fitting to the song) in Just Think Again, that's about it.

Every fan of COB that has posted in this topic seems to totally miss the point

We dont question Alexi's talent ; he shred, oh yes, I like listening to COB sometimes, and he is a good frontman for COB, well he IS COB...

What we question is the fact that Him + Hypocrisy = IRRELEVANT.

From a fans point of view.

oh and thanks for pointing out the fact that what I quoted was the guy's sig.... I so [sarcasm]didnt knew that[/sarcasm]

:p

Anders Nystrom would have been a PERFECT choice for a tour...man I wish it was him as 2nd guitar...not Brittney Laiho...

Fucking :lol:

....Ehh... Maybe Hypocrisy can sacrifice him to Satan or something? :rolleyes:

Yeah, and then satan will fuck up this planet for that. Nice Idea. :p

I wonder if he will play guitar only in NA.
But it doesn't bother me that much, I'll enjoy the show anyway and hope he'll just play guitar and nothing more. :)

You might call me a COB fanboy, but don't get me wrong

Yeah, we all know you're fanboi.

^That's his signature :) And with an username like mine I'm not gonna bother making further comments besides saying that Alexi's a good player. Yes he should raise his guitar and that'd take the remains of his slopines (highly decreased on the recent tours) off, and perhaps drink something less, but he's good, and Peter knows that. Won't comment more as you'll thrash it out bashing it on my username. Can't blame you though, I guess.

@A1a23: Alexi just played a solo (and a real good one and fitting to the song) in Just Think Again, that's about it.

This guy is like total fanboi too.

I don't think COB fans are denying the weird combo. I am a fan, or used to be however you want to look at it, I love their old stuff. This is a seemlingly odd combonation and yes it doesn't fit. However Alexi is a good guitarist as long as he doesn't play too many leads, his rhythm playing seems solid enough. I think however the mix is very exciting and will make for a sweet live show. Yes this may attract some stupid COB fans but that's a sacrifice that will have to be made. Alexi probably won't steal the show, he only does cause he's the frontman in his band. In an interview he said if COB ever broke up then he would just prefer to be a guitarist in a band and not do vocals, he isnt hung up on being the frontman. Anyways I don't think it's a bad idea and we can all agree that it's the weirdest choice ever, why don't we just wait till it happens? I'm opening the first show of the tour and I can report back to everyone.

kk

People keep it clean please, calling everyone fanboys because they like a band that you consider lame is NOT the way to go.

This topic aint about COB and if its good or not