Tracks you didnt get to hear at show?

IcedMaidenAllica

New Metal Member
Jan 24, 2007
midwest
Did anyone want to see Thousand Years of Oppression or any other track at an Amon Amarth show and not get it because some godawful intro band took up too much time playing worthless music?

I saw them with COB, Sanctity, and Gojira a little over two months ago and because Gojira pretends to be progressive and have 20395825 minute songs, I didnt get to hear Thousand Years of Oppression or Where Silent Guards Stand Guard or Down the Slopes of Death...

Anyways, SHARE!

I'll call it "stuff I would love to hear live": Thousand Years of Oppression, Across the Rainbow Bridge, Where Silent Gods Stand Guard, Under the Northern Star... this list is turning out long, lol. Let's face it, they'd need at least a 2 hour set to cover the bare essentials. :)

I know ill probably never see a lot of AA stuff live when i see them. Unless i see them enough times to hear all their tracks. They never really do tracks like Amon Amarth, Burning Creation, (or anything off TSTNW), Across the Rainbow Bridge, And Soon The World Will Cease To Be, Falling Through Ginnungaggap, A Fury Divine, Without Fear do they?

If i got to see Amon Amarth and Without fear i could die a happy man. And of course id have to see Victorious March! \m/

I've seen them play victorious march, best nine minutes of my life and that includes my first like... nine sexual experiences.... However if you're looking for songs off their earlier stuff youre just not gona get it because they didnt like it as much, and besides that they switched labels i believe. Sticking to Versus the World/Fate of Norns/With Oden On our Side would be your best bet. However, there is just absolutely no way I could get enough of them, I've seen them the only two times they have played in Colorado and ive left the concerts incredibly happy, only to be so sad afterwards. Recently I saw them with Bodom and was honestly disappointed to have Bodom take the stage, and when they played Astor and left out some of the songs that i consider absolute staples into their lineup, i was crushed. oh well, next time im looking for Masters of War, and hoping for one more of their lesser played songs each time....

Did anyone want to see Thousand Years of Oppression or any other track at an Amon Amarth show and not get it because some godawful intro band took up too much time playing worthless music?

I saw them with COB, Sanctity, and Gojira a little over two months ago and because Gojira pretends to be progressive and have 20395825 minute songs, I didnt get to hear Thousand Years of Oppression or Where Silent Guards Stand Guard or Down the Slopes of Death...

Anyways, SHARE!

I went to this last tour as well, on the 18th and 19th... Gojira played their full set and I still got to see ATYOO... two nights in a row... it fucking rocked :headbang: I don't think they played it at other shows though, people on other forums who went to shows in the US on his past tour didn't have it listed as the songs they saw played. It was a nice surprise cuz I wasn't expecting that song, and I love it.

They didn't play Down the Slopes of Death though. But the AA set rocked!

I want to hear And Soon the world will cease to be live! But since its a long song they wont be greedy to play it. Maybe when they have a lot of time so they can add some longer songs, but sice the length of the shows are limited they "have" to choose shorter ones. :(

However if you're looking for songs off their earlier stuff youre just not gona get it because they didnt like it as much, and besides that they switched labels i believe. Sticking to Versus the World/Fate of Norns/With Oden On our Side would be your best bet.

Nah, the only stuff not on Metal Blade is Sorrow Throughout the Nine Worlds, and the Thor Arise and Burning Creation demos. They don't play stuff from Sorrow often, but most everything else seems to make an appearance in the set lists at least once in a while. But this last tour, it was such a crowded night, they didn't get enough time to play, at least, not for a band with such a huge catalog.

I'm not sure if they've ever done "Rainbow" live or not, I've not had a lot of chances to see them, and I can't recall seeing it on a set list, but that doesn't mean much. I know I'd love to see it, tho. "I want to walk, across the rainbow bridge. And see my fathers, in the Golden Hall." Ahh, fuck yes, my friends, fuck yes. :)

Oh well, they tend to favor the melodic shit that you can scream to, though screaming save us all from the wrath of the norsemen wouldnt go unappreciated once in a while. I suppose being from Colorado I should be happy to have ever seen them at all, but god damnit i like that song.

Oh well, they tend to favor the melodic shit that you can scream to, though screaming save us all from the wrath of the norsemen wouldnt go unappreciated once in a while. I suppose being from Colorado I should be happy to have ever seen them at all, but god damnit i like that song.

Like I said, I think they only played it the last two nights of the tour... unless anyone else saw it?

If they played anything from once sent from the golden hall id be happy, but like i said earlier, from where i live i should be happy to know about them at all, the most metal shit people know about here is.... i dono godsmack? its quite sad and i am completely embarrassed. Metal bands have to play in bars because their followings are so small here... i gotta move.

Down the sloops of death :( That's my favourite one ....
never heard it live :(
"The eight hooves have their troops
Darkness reigns the croumbling sky
Imation has begun"
dum dudmumdudm pranparam pam pam :)

Down the sloops of death :( That's my favourite one ....
never heard it live :(
"The eight hooves have their troops
Darkness reigns the croumbling sky
Imation has begun"
dum dudmumdudm pranparam pam pam :)

Down the slopes of death we ride, the angels, pound the drums.... BADASS fuckin song but theres no way they will play it, plus i think Runes to my Memory sounds an AWFUL lot like Down the slopes of death, oh well. As long as they keep showing up they can belt "DON'T STOP, BELIEVING, HOLD ONTO THAT LOOOOVING FEELING"-Journey.