Transition from "Aaaah to Death Growl" in Karma

Dammnare

Feb 16, 2008
What do you think about this part ? To me it is the best transition I heard in any Opeth albums ( along with the april ethereal and the amen corner ones ).When the music stops and mikael says " Aaaaaaaaah and then it changes to brutal vocal,makes the song so fucking amazing.

Pretty much every single riff on the album is amazing, full of passion and power. And no Mikey-goes-soft crapola like on watershed either! Einstein was right when he said that the height of artistic creation is the ages 20 to 25 in a persons life, after that the urge fades slowly away, as does sexual energy which fuels it.

What do you think about this part ? To me it is the best transition I heard in any Opeth albums ( along with the april ethereal and the amen corner ones ).When the music stops and mikael says " Aaaaaaaaah and then it changes to brutal vocal,makes the song so fucking amazing.

Possibly my favourite part on the album. :)
Damn MAYH is perfection.

yeah, the intro of the song is not so good, but once that comes on it turns the song into pure gold.

MAYH is brilliant.

IMO The best moment in any Opeth's songs.

I always loved the odd chords used in the intro.

im not dissing the intro, i just feel that it puts me in a mood that is hard to change from when the "aaaaaahhhhh" comes on.

still a brilliant song, one of my favs and possible the best off of MAYH. :)

Ümlaut;7337619 said:
Is it 'aaaah'?

Sounds more to me like OOHHHHHHHHH-HOOOOOOO!

Yeah I always heard it as an ohhhh rather than an ahhhh, but listening to it now I can hear both depending on which I have in mind.

But either way it is a great transition!

It really is incredible moment! Those kind of parts make Opeth outstand from all other bands. Damn I almost have to put MAYH on my player right now.

I have gone away. The bed is cold and empty
Trees bend their boughs toward the earth
And nighttime birds float as black faces

*shivers*