translation game.

Thidrek

Dichter (und) Denker
Jul 18, 2004
Düsseldorf, Germany
I hope it works...
There are alot of people on this forum speaking other languages than English, so I "invented" this game. We just talk about this and that BUT not in proper English: We have to translate from another language to English LITEREALLY and with the original word order. :)

An example - this text would be this in German:

Es gibt viele Leute in diesem Forum, die andere Sprachen als Englisch sprechen, also hab ich dieses Spiel "erfunden". Wir reden einfach über dies und das ABER nicht in anständigem Englisch: Wir müssen von einer anderen Sprache als dem Englischen WÖRTLICH übersetzen und mit dem original Satzbau.

The literal translation would be:

It gives many people in this forum, the other speaks as English speak, so have I this game "afound". We talk easy over this and that BUT not in onstandingly English: We must from an other speak as the English wordlike overset and with the original setbuilding. :zombie:

Additionally one should add the text in proper English or atleast explain the weirdest compositions... ;)

Alright, here we go:

How is the weather by you? Here has it the last days only rained, but today sees it better out, ifwell itself though oney clouds at the sky befind.

(How is the weather at your place? Here it has only rained the last days but today it looks better, though there are some clouds in the sky.)

Here have we had sunshine in large seen whole summer, and barely any rain at all, so it is very dry and it grows badly. On the summers come Poles here for to earn little extramoney on berrypicking, but in year get they not half of what they use.

(Here we have had sunshine almost the whole summer, and barely any rain at all, so it is very dry and [the plants] grow poorly. During summers, Poles come here to earn a little extra money from berry picking, but this year they don't even get half of what they use to.)

here makes lots (of) heat and never rains sufficiently enough. I would like more wind and times fresher

Its very hot here and theres never quite enough rain. Id like more wind and a cooler temperature.

(from what i translated it from) Aqui hace mucho calor y nunca llueve suficientemente. Me gustaria mas viento y un clima mas fresco

I ask me, why whole Europe in heat astiches, but here suddenly all in rain drowns... Hope, it gets still once warmer...

(I ask myself why whole Europe chokes on heat but in here suddenly everything drowns in rain... I hope, it gets warmer once again.)

כאן זה ממש חם, למרות שישנה ירידה בחום עדיין זה חם לגמרי פה בקיץ. למרות שאני אוהב את החום הזה, אין כמו השמש]

Here it very hot, although there is a drop in the heat it is still totally hot in here in the Summer, Though I love this heat, Theres nothing like the summer-sun =]

When one speak about the trolls... Yesterday opened itself the sky and bid on a sevenhell's skyfall, and it has rained till and from since then.

(Speak of the devil... Yesterday the sky opened and gave a hell of a cloudburst, and it has been raining to and fro since then.)

Today is it cloudy, but yesterday rod-rained it like devil. It just pissed down. I became through-wet, that shall the gods know. It's in all cases better than when the sun looks ahead. I have already enough farmer-burn for to look out as a negro.

Travel to hell and mother ate porridge.

Makes heat here, but appears that of night makes cold like at autumn, us wants a shirt at long sleeves for walk too if at afternoon until the between-mountain yes can hear sun over-cook the skin

(It's hot here, but at night it seems that it's cold like in autumn, you need a long-sleeve shirt to take a walk outside though in the afternoon until the sunset you can feel sun burning you skin)

Fore-yester(day) have I in one settling the first time again chimneysmell for-taken and I have me felt, as be soon hallownights.

(The day before yesterday I smelled the smell of chimneys in a housing estate for the first time (this year) and I felt, as if it was christmas time.)