Trigger and Soundmodule for Live use

Jun 12, 2012
Hi,

what are the best triggers for bassdrum and snare. And what soundmodules are cool? is there one where you can load in your own samples? (maybe the slate or Metal Machine ones)

Roland triggers are good in my experience, ddrums are crap and break easily

As for modules, we just use a spd-s for the kick drum, but if I was to trigger the whole set (not really something i'd recommend) i'd go for a 2Box drumit

The 2box dude just mentioned is the only one im aware of that allows loading of multi-samples, The old alesis dm pro allows for custom samples on a sm card I believe, pretty much everyone Ive ever known whos had one said it didnt work, or barely worked sometimes, or the latency was insane once they got it working.

I've had the same ddrum snare trigger since 2007 and kick trigger since 2010. Played maaaaany shows/practices/recordings without a single problem. Mostly cause I treat my gear like it's made of diamonds. I just heard of the 2box like 3 days ago and it sounds like it has multisampled samples, but I wouldn't worry about multi samples for live gigs.. Unless they have a legit sound system.

The 2box dude just mentioned is the only one im aware of that allows loading of multi-samples, The old alesis dm pro allows for custom samples on a sm card I believe, pretty much everyone Ive ever known whos had one said it didnt work, or barely worked sometimes, or the latency was insane once they got it working.

Actually I got our to work. It's awesome once you do. In a last ditch attempt I tried some random card and it worked. So it seems to be card specific for those who want to give it a shot

I've had the same ddrum snare trigger since 2007 and kick trigger since 2010. Played maaaaany shows/practices/recordings without a single problem. Mostly cause I treat my gear like it's made of diamonds. I just heard of the 2box like 3 days ago and it sounds like it has multisampled samples, but I wouldn't worry about multi samples for live gigs.. Unless they have a legit sound system.

one shots sound fake and like shit on any drum except the kick, even on a crap sound system