Trigger DFH from audiofiles (without drumagog)

hogan666

Mar 7, 2006
Mannheim, Germany
www.liquid-artz.com
Hi,

we've just recorded a demo from my band. The base sound isn't good enough for my kind of taste ;-)

I've got each track (base, snare, etc) seperated.

My question:
Is it possible to generate a midi track (maybe with velocity settings) to have something to trigger dfhs?! I don't want to use drumagog or other triggers,
'cause in the past it didn't worked that well for me. I also think it couldn't output midi or?

I don't think that in cubase is a knob where it says "Trigger Audio to midi" *haha* but maybe a hint from you guys.

Cheers, Markus.

If drumagog didn't work too well, anything else you use to generate midi from audio isn't going to be any easier.

I do what you're describing within Sonar, but it's a little tedious sometimes, certainly no easier than drumagog when it comes to capturing the performance accurately. The beauty is that you can minipulate the midi afterwards to get what you want...I imagine that's why you want to do it.

You can generate midi with drumagog if you have the pro version. I'm sure there are other plugins that you could accomplish this with - but I'm sure none of them would be very simple.

My main problem with drumagog is (just tested the demo version) that I didn't get it to work with the sensitivity knob etc. Which settings is right for faster base drums etc. It often happened that double didn't come out well, 'cause the settings were wrong.

D'you have an advice with which settings to start?
Is it easy to generate a miditrack with drumagog?

Cheers

If drumagog didn't work too well, anything else you use to generate midi from audio isn't going to be any easier.

I do what you're describing within Sonar, but it's a little tedious sometimes, certainly no easier than drumagog when it comes to capturing the performance accurately. The beauty is that you can minipulate the midi afterwards to get what you want...I imagine that's why you want to do it.

You can generate midi with drumagog if you have the pro version. I'm sure there are other plugins that you could accomplish this with - but I'm sure none of them would be very simple.

Sonar does this really well.

My main problem with drumagog is (just tested the demo version) that I didn't get it to work with the sensitivity knob etc. Which settings is right for faster base drums etc. It often happened that double didn't come out well, 'cause the settings were wrong.

D'you have an advice with which settings to start?
Is it easy to generate a miditrack with drumagog?

Cheers

There is more to Drumagog than just setting the sensitivity. You may just need to adjust the resolution. You should read up on it.

To generate MIDI, you need to pro version. Can't do it with the regular version (or the demo).