Do you like Trivium?

• Yes

Votes: 17 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 14 41.2%
  • Haven't heard enough / I dunno

Votes: 3 8.8%

• Total voters
Anyone notice I'm not a complete arse and I love Trivium? I'm probably a bigger fan than these people you know, do I have characteristics of being a 'shithead' that these other people do? In what way are Trivium fans 'shitheads'? Every single band has it's moron followers, you cannot escape it. But to reflect an overall view on a band based on their fans? It's fucking ridiculous.

So let's use an example, if we are going by your logic I could turn around and say, 'Most Slayer fans I have met are brainless fucks so therefore I instantly hate that band', sounds a bit stupid you not think?

Fans have no fucking influence on a band's music (any small influence fans have is not significant to their style and overall sound), therefore this shouldn't reflect in your opinion of a band.

so you admit that MOST trivium fans are idiotic?

as to your arguement, when one sees a bunch of dickheads who all listen to the same band, it means one of two things.!, aforementioned band atracts dickheads or 2, the band atracts regular fans and somehow turns them into dickheads. either way, I want no part of it. that being said, I like shogun. and you may notice that i said that it's NOT the music that turns people off to them.

so you admit that MOST trivium fans are idiotic?

as to your arguement, when one sees a bunch of dickheads who all listen to the same band, it means one of two things.!, aforementioned band atracts dickheads or 2, the band atracts regular fans and somehow turns them into dickheads. either way, I want no part of it. that being said, I like shogun.

No, edited my post, re-read, I didn't say it the way I wanted to originally. There isn't 100% sound people who follow a band, EVERY band will have a few idiots who are like DIS BAND IS DA BEST0RZ. But typically I haven't found many (if any) Trivium fans who show this attitude, whereas I have with fans of other bands.

A band cannot turn people into dickheads, that's not possible, if music influenced people in that way then what, I'd be burning churches and raping cadaver's aye? Haha. Music doesn't take over people like that (in my opinion), yes there are cases where people become completely warped by music but this is only an extreme rarity.

I also do not believe that a band can attract only people who are unsavoury, 'dickheads' as you say.

in my case, i didnt mind them then this lad was like OMG TRIVIUM ARE THE BEST EVER I WOULD LICK MATTS FACE and i was like man fuck off. and he always sent me trivium videos and he generally was a cunt minus all the trivium worship so yeah meh.

also :lol: @ pab

The thing is, you cant say most of their fans are idiotic. That guy that really likes trivium in Diddys class is just a radical. He imposes his love of trivium on other people and forces them to either love it or hate it. And that doesnt only happen with bands like Trivium. It happens with any fan that is radical enough about his band to be such an ass. If people are idiots, they are idiots, doesnt matter what awesome/shitty band the listen to.

Soooo fans in general are like this :

5% - Radical bastards who are assholes to anyone who doesn'st like said band.
95% - People who like the band.

Trivium is just one of those bands who's 5% are louder than the rest.......

God I hope that makes sense to someone other than me :lol: