Trivium Strife Tone test 6505 AT250DE

ArthurD

Jun 2, 2010
Brasília - Brazil

Hello my friends, I'm trying to achieve the Trivum Tone from Vengeance Falls.
I think I got pretty close.
Sorry for sloppy playing and bad played keyboard drums (Just added some drums to get the vibe)
I used this setup:
Gibson Les Paul with EMG 81 -> OD808 -> 6505 -> V30 -> AT250DE -> Neve Preamp -> Daw.
Kemperized this tone.
The mix between the elements of the 250DE had more condenser and less dynamic.
Tell me your opinion.

*Triple tracked and added a little verb to avoid match eq tone suckers

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds really good!

I'm pretty sure I was told that on the album they tracked one guitar left, one right, and one down the middle and used a 5150 into a mesa 4x12 with an sm57 and md421.

Hard tone to get right though, Colin is an absolute beast when it comes to re-amping. He manually adjusts the tubescreamer throughout the song to get the best out of the sound. Amazing

Sounds great.
I have always thought about getting this mic.
I wonder how close a 57 and a SDC mixed would sound to this.
Have you compared the dynamic element to a 57?

Awesome tone. I don´t know whether it is appropriate but is there any chance to get this profile for Kemper?

Sounds really good!

I'm pretty sure I was told that on the album they tracked one guitar left, one right, and one down the middle and used a 5150 into a mesa 4x12 with an sm57 and md421.

Hard tone to get right though, Colin is an absolute beast when it comes to re-amping. He manually adjusts the tubescreamer throughout the song to get the best out of the sound. Amazing

I thought the whole album was done with a Kemper?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPp5SgEugT8#t=43

It might have been recorded with the kemper, and maybe even re-amped with it, but as Colin mixed it in the UK and it was tracked with David Draiman in the USA, there's no way Colin would have used the tone he was given. He's way to hands on with it. He would have re-amped it before he mixed it with Carl Bown

I know Bullet have the Kemper tones that Colin made for their album so I'd imagine they got a tone and profiled it in mixing.

I'm fairly certain the album tones are Kemper. I remember watching an interview with Heafy and he stated that their live profiles were the same profiles that were used on their album, with a few tweaks to fit a live setting. He also stated that basically they wanted to have the album sound live, which would imply the use of a Kemper on the album.

Perhaps the profile itself was created as Chris describes?

Either way the tone on the Trivium album is absolutely ridiculously good. I think the OPs tone is pretty close, maybe could be a bit tighter in the low end but that could be your playing as well.

It´s a Kemper Profile! why not eq matching it :) Compared to the latest ALID and Wovenwar release the tones are almost the same.... It´s Colin´s new Go-To guitar tone

Last edited by a moderator: