Trivium vs Bullet for my valentine

WAIF...that's fine. I wasn't calling you a metal elitist...there are metalheads accepting of other forms of music but can still have opinions on music. I was just saying there are some people who are so elitistic (if that's a word) that they shrug off any metal that is mainstream, has emo/scene fans (IE: bullet for my valentine), or just because other people hate it, they will hate it too.
Personally, I think... Dragonforce = fail
that's my opinion...and you don't like BFMV either that's cool, but BFMV got me to look into more metal so of course I like them alot.
I saw them in concert last night, I loved it.

I think dragonforce sucks also. Usually when a band gets that big, it more for the fame than the music. Look at Immolation, great band. I love them, personally one of favorite bands. Having said that, they are starting to go downhill, they don't attract as many people anymore, but they stick to the sound that they started with, not go with the current. To them its more about the music

I'm absolutely sick of people whining about band's selling out. If Immolation had the slightest chance of significant commercial success they'd leap at it. Thing is, they don't. It's a death metal band. "Oh wow, they refused to sell out." Well no shit, they never had the slightest chance at the big time, the only way they can make a living is by playing the same stuff for 20 years and hoping people interpret it as being tr00 instead of being stagnant.

That said, it's not like DF have radically changed and sold out their music. I don't understand why they ever had any success, but it didn't prompt a change of style. They've always been about playing really, really fast. And as for the fame, in case you were wondering their 15 minutes of fame are pretty much over.

I'm sick and tired of people who can't admit when a band sells out. Immolation can start playing music that draws to a younger crowd instead of the stuff that got them big in the 90's.

Perfect example is In Flames they were a good melodic deathmetal band, but I don't know if they wanted to expand musically and alienate their die-hard fans or they wanted to be more metalcore since it's so in now. or maybe they just wanted fame and fortune.
I still like their old stuff but it's a shame that a band forgets about their roots. Personally I prefer Dark Tranquillity

Perfect example is In Flames they were a good melodic deathmetal band, but I don't know if they wanted to expand musically and alienate their die-hard fans or they wanted to be more metalcore since it's so in now. or maybe they just wanted fame and fortune.
I still like their old stuff but it's a shame that a band forgets about their roots. Personally I prefer Dark Tranquillity
Ill take Dark Tranquillity over In Flames anyday but i can't completely write off In Flames. The Jester Race and Whoracle both rule.

I picked up Reroute to Remain recently and have been listening to Come Clarity more, and I don't see what everyone's problem is with those albums. I find them very good and extremely catchy. Granted the new album is just terrible, but every other album of theirs is great. Particularly, the song Trigger off of Reroute is one of my favorite songs ever.

I picked up Reroute to Remain recently and have been listening to Come Clarity more, and I don't see what everyone's problem is with those albums. I find them very good and extremely catchy. Granted the new album is just terrible, but every other album of theirs is great. Particularly, the song Trigger off of Reroute is one of my favorite songs ever.

It's odd that you should like R2R and CC and hate the new album, but whatever. CC is the best of the last 4, imo. I don't like R2R, but the song Trigger is fantastic. The chorus gets stuck in my head all the time.

Maybe if I listened to the new album some more, but something about the songs I heard just didn't click. I listened to a song or two on their myspace when it first came out, and I just didn't like them.
Of course, I didn't like Come Clarity the first go around, either.

No, don't get me wrong, i agree with your post, i too don't like those bands, but your post was a bit harsh from a lady.

I was told by a teacher that "lady" is a sexist term. I disagreed at the time, but now I see where she was coming from. Thank you, sevag00.

Weareinflames: You should check out The Forsaken if you haven't already. They're like In Flames, only talented.

I was told by a teacher that "lady" is a sexist term. I disagreed at the time, but now I see where she was coming from. Thank you, sevag00.

Weareinflames: You should check out The Forsaken if you haven't already. They're like In Flames, only talented.
:lol:
naturally phrasing it like that will make me real excited. fuck you.

besides which, these guys sound more like Dimension Zero than IF. Actually, a lot like Dimension Zero. This is really tedious, unimaginative, and a host of other negative adjectives, although nothing too serious. Basically, bears no relation to IF and is extremely generic.