Trolls

thewendy

the webmistress
Since most of you know, I am not in the habit of deleting threads, for several reasons but one of the main ones is that I am not a police officer and this is an open forum where (reasonably) intelligent people should be able to carry on adult or entertaining conversations. About Nevermore, music, drugs, sports or politics, about what you had for breakfast the other day or even about your religious believes or sexual orientation. Even fighting, discussing, flaming...that's what a forum is for as well. As long as there is repect.

Starting shit and impersonating others, provoking people just because you're bored...once or twice might be funny but it gets old real fast. Plus it's really pathetic.

IMO Participating in a community is not so much about rules and regulations as it is about self regulation and respect. That's why there is no censorship here, no active moderation or mandatory registration. I have no desire to see any of this change. It should be accessible to everyone and people should be able to say whatever they want, no matter how trivial or irrelevant it might be.

Responding to offensive or childish threads is exactly what a troll wants. So by deleting threads it will probably make him/her come back and start shit over and over again. The best thing to do is to totally ignore this person and his/her threads. How much fun is it to sit behind your computer and start shit when everybody is IGNORING you? The sole purpose to start shit is to get a response from people. Even the smallest reaction like posting "lame" or "get a life" is a response.

So next time you stumble upon an impersonated/troll post (it's usually pretty obvious anyway) just check the IP to be sure and ignore it.

Trolls come and go, the sooner the fun is over, the faster they'll leave.

I like trolls. They are short, ugly, wield axes, have long beards, mean as hell, and best of all, extremely ignorant. Trolls are great.

on all of the faked names - B1ack Winter Day, Afterbirth, RIP5O, dreaming eon wetspot, fore6skin6mask.... i click the "report this port to a moderator" and complained about the neusances

I see. Not a bad idea really. I actually fell for the one where the IMPOSTER BWD was coming out of the closet. I thought he was joking around. Then i after about a day, i noticed it was a clone.