True Blood

Dead Winter

STAHP
Apr 30, 2002
Italy/US
Anyone else into this series? I'm completely addicted to it. It's the only television I watch, and that's usually watched online anyway.

Really? Jason annoys the shit out of me...probably because I knew people like him. Great actor though. Lafayette is probably the greatest actor of them all.

It's kinda weird because I'm from basically where it's set. Bon Temps doesn't really exist because north Louisiana doesn't have any Cajun influence, but all the cities they mention like Monroe, Ruston (where I'm from), Shreveport, Ferriday, etc., are all towns and cities that I know like the back of my hand. At first it was strange why they picked those cities and towns, but after watching it and remember just how weird everyone from Louisiana is (including myself), I think it's perfect. It was really nice that someone chose some place besides New Orleans for a Vampire setting. New Orleans is about as spooky as Disneyland, and there are waaaaaaaay more spooky and weird places around Louisiana than NO. There are so many urban legends around Louisiana that I think that if vampires really did exist and came out of the closet (or coffin) like in True Blood, I can easily see such a lackadaisical reaction among people from there...aside from the retarded Christian fundamentalists.

The second season is pretty epic so far, though.

I think I like those three because they account for almost all of the comic relief in the show. Everyone else is caught up in the plot of some silly romance novel disguised as urban fantasy. Which, I guess, is essentially an accurate description of the book series the show is based on. If the show follows the established pattern for this sort of female masturbation fodder, the universe of True Blood will turn out to be just teeming with supernatural creatures, and our Heroine will fuck her way through dozens of them. Anita Blake anyone? Hell, even Twilight is essentially exactly this plot, only with the threatening (to the intended tween audience) sexual elements sublimated into an even more unrealistic fantasy of eternal and unconditional love.

That being said, I think the intro sequence and theme song are awesome and I'll probably watch the next season.

I watched the first season on DVD. It's ok. Jason, Lafayette, and Tara are the only characters that don't annoy me every time they are onscreen.

I just started watching this, on the 5th episode now and i agree they are the only cool chars, Alexander Skarsgard's char seems like he might be cool, i liked him in generation kill. Paquin is annoying as shit though, most of the accent's are terrible as well.

I think I like those three because they account for almost all of the comic relief in the show. Everyone else is caught up in the plot of some silly romance novel disguised as urban fantasy. Which, I guess, is essentially an accurate description of the book series the show is based on. If the show follows the established pattern for this sort of female masturbation fodder, the universe of True Blood will turn out to be just teeming with supernatural creatures, and our Heroine will fuck her way through dozens of them. Anita Blake anyone? Hell, even Twilight is essentially exactly this plot, only with the threatening (to the intended tween audience) sexual elements sublimated into an even more unrealistic fantasy of eternal and unconditional love.

That being said, I think the intro sequence and theme song are awesome and I'll probably watch the next season.

Hehe, just watch the second season. I think you're jumping the gun a bit. I didn't even watch Twilight because the premise just looks retarded.

However, True Blood is a love story...granted, it's not such a douche commercial like Twilight, but it's a story about love, hate, and racism between humans and vampires. If you're looking for From Dusk Till Dawn, this isn't it...you have to take it for what it is.

There's so much going on underneath it that's cool as well. In backwoods Louisiana, racism between humans and human sexuality has all but been erased, mainly due to the vampires having the attention shifted towards them. Other than some stupid rednecks heckling Lafayette for being gay, I haven't heard the word "my pals" uttered a single time. Retards have something new to hate, and this entire series for me is a statement on the proclivity of human beings to hate what is different from them, even as they stop hating what they once hated. It's basically saying that racists are retarded.

Again, take it for what it is. It's not fucking Blade or From Dusk Till Dawn or anything like that, but it's definitely a good watch. Actually, I take that back. There are a few parts where people get ripped to shreds...again, watch when Lafayette gets captured.

I just started watching this, on the 5th episode now and i agree they are the only cool chars, Alexander Skarsgard's char seems like he might be cool, i liked him in generation kill. Paquin is annoying as shit though, most of the accent's are terrible as well.

Generation Kill was a great mini series, and again, in the second season Skarsgaard shines even more. Lafayette and Skarsgaard are my two favorite characters.

Basically the entire first season set the plot, stage, etc., and while though entertaining, it becomes a bit boring. The second season is when it starts to become more about the vampires than the main characters.

It starts getting good when Lafayette gets captured.

I've been watching it from the beginning, and I definitely dig it. It's a nice escape - not to be taken too seriously, but with enough "adult" situations to keep it edgy. You have the whole fantasy world of vampires and shape shifters with lots of sex, drugs and violence thrown in - whats not to love ????

I've been watching it from the beginning, and I definitely dig it. It's a nice escape - not to be taken too seriously, but with enough "adult" situations to keep it edgy. You have the whole fantasy world of vampires and shape shifters with lots of sex, drugs and violence thrown in - whats not to love ????

Exactly. And with MaryAnne's arrival...that just fucks EVERYTHING up. I guessed what she was from the beginning, and it was revealed in the 7th episode of the second season. Now that everyone knows what she is, it's gonna be FUCKING NUTS now.

They've mentioned werewolves before, so I could easily see in the future having a werewolf character enter the series.

I've been loving this show. I thought the first season was just ok, not real addictive but entertaining. But, this season as been great, addictive, and I feel that I have to save at least two episodes on the DVR sometimes, because I can't stand to see an episode end!

I'm going to wait until this season is over to start, but I hear the books really kick ass. I'm going to hunt them down. :)

Jason Stockhouse is annoying, but damn he can be funny sometimes! I lost it when the dude said to him "There is a war going on out there son!" Then he looks out the patio window. :lol:

I've been loving this show. I thought the first season was just ok, not real addictive but entertaining. But, this season as been great, addictive, and I feel that I have to save at least two episodes on the DVR sometimes, because I can't stand to see an episode end!

I'm going to wait until this season is over to start, but I hear the books really kick ass. I'm going to hunt them down. :)

Jason Stockhouse is annoying, but damn he can be funny sometimes! I lost it when the dude said to him "There is a war going on out there son!" Then he looks out the patio window. :lol:

Haha, I loved that part too. Jason is annoying most of the time, but damn does he play stupid well.

I like Bill when he's not around Sookie, she began to annoy me at the end of Season 1. I prefer the badass Bill in the flashbacks. The whole Tara and Eggs thing is stupid, he'd better wind up having a purpose cuz up to this point he's fucking boring. I like Sam, Lafayette amuses me and the Jessica/Hoyt thing is cute. Eric is probably my favorite character at this point, he's neat. :oops:

Watched around 10 seconds of it. Anna. Paquin. I guess you know now which 10 seconds.

anna_paquin_nude_from_true_blood_003.jpg

It's a pretty awesome show even without the nice tittums. And I usually don't like vampire stuff.

I'm with you on all of that. Eric is BADASS. I hope Skarsgaard becomes the next big thing because he definitely deserves it...he's a great actor.

Yeah towards the end of season 1 Sookie started acting like a spoiled, whiny bitch. I mean, the guy set himself on fire for her...literally, and yet she still bitches at him. Fortunately she changes her tune.

And that part where Jason looks out the onto the patio...I was in tears.

WHAT?!?!?!? Last I heard he was in the lead for it. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Samantha read my mind! Eric is, by far the most bad ass of the vampires. <3 And yeah, Sookie cried too much for my taste too. But the emerging from the grave sex was the juiciest of the last season. :loco: That's real dirty sex!

Anyone ever see her in Buffalo Soldiers? That's right, fuck you, Scott Glenn, your nubile daughter, Anna Paquin, is going to let Joaquin Phoenix bone her all over 1980s U.S Army bases in Germany.

Oh yeah.