TSE-808/Amp sim Noise problem!

i get pretty close to the same amount of noise. its fairly normal and the more gain you add the worse it will get. just use a gate to cut out the noise. make sure your not to close to your computer or a crt monitor because these will add noise. radio towers can make your signal worse too but their is not much you can do besides move if that is adding any noise.

+1 to this

I was just going to ask how close your mixer is to other electronics? Your monitor, PC, monitors/speakers, etc...

I know when I'm sitting at my studio desk playing guitar, if I sit at specific angles, it gets noisy like that.

I've been getting the same problem with all nearby electrical equipment turned off and removed from the electrical net, even my monitors and computer speakers.
The sound is then coming via my laptops built in speakers. But still the same amount of noise. I've also tried turning off my Wifi router. Maybe some signal of my neighbours is interfering?
Moving around with my guitar or laptop doesn't seem to make a difference.. :/

Doesn't sound like interfering signal to my ears. Sounds more like the white noise that you get with high gain amps/sims.

I'm assuming your mixer has a Hi-Z or Instrument Input, correct?

With KeFir, take that Length knob and crank it to max. Also, bypass the power amp of the x50 by clicking on the arrow in the lower left corner and switching the slider to power amp > off.

The noise persists when there isn't even something plugged into the mixer board. And there seems nothing to be wrong with the DI files apparently, apart from my playing style perhaps :p. I'll try the keFIR and poweramp thing when I get home.

An overview of my gear specs:

- Acer AX3960
- Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bits
- Intel Core i3-2100 CPU @ 3.10 GHz
- 6 GB RAM
- Allen & Heath ZED-12fx
- Ibanez s7420 with factory pickups
- KRK RP 5 G2 active studio monitors
- Phillips computer speakers + subwoofer.
- Philips computer screen

I tried once with all equipment turned off except for my laptop and mixer.

I also used a Dell Mini laptop, same problem.
Here's the manual for the Allen & Heath mixer: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/41637831/AP7085_2+ZED12FX_16FX_22FXUG.pdf
I'm using the ZED's Line input.

I also thought the problem could perhaps have its roots in the reaper device settings or anything similar?
Impossible.

Put a simple fader VST on an empty track, amplify it by about 60 dB, inspect it with Voxengo SPAN.

One day long time ago i had some strange high pitched noise that i could not get rid of, i did the above and found a strange spike at frequency 15625 or something like that, googled it and learned that it is a carrying frequency for PAL TV signal.
Looks like one of my neighbors had some old CRT TV turned on for few hours that day.

Well, that's good! Still, it shouldn't be an issue using a TS sim. I do it all the time through my USB Fast Track Pro and it holds its own.

If it hasn't been suggested yet, think about adding a noise gate as the first plug in your chain. I don't see one in your pic- absolute necessity really.
Also consider the possibility of a ground loop issue. Try connecting without your mixer, see if there is any change.

Consider the green gate:
http://www.vstplanet.com/Effects/Bundle4.htm
(bottom of the page)

Pickups have minimum to no part in the noise problem. Noise is still there when nothing's plugged in the mixing board. I'd go with a possible ground loop something. Another thing, which I've forgotten to say, is that I've tried another audio interface (focusrite scarlett 2i2). Still same noise..

Are you using the RCA outs or the XLR outs on the A&H board for the monitors? RCA outs let in more noise than the balanced XLR connections, fwiw. Also make sure you're not physically looping any of those cables around any power cables.