TSO 2006

Empress said:
weird they are going from lakeland, to ohio, to sunrise.
anyway, i will be there! they were amazing last time! :headbang:

They have 2 touring bands.. So one band is playing Sunrise and Lakeland and the other is playing Ohio. :)

I will be at the BankAtlantic Center for sure! :)

Angrafan said:
They have 2 touring bands.. So one band is playing Sunrise and Lakeland and the other is playing Ohio. :)

I will be at the BankAtlantic Center for sure! :)

I saw you at the show last year @ Hard Rock with Serge.. but I didn't say hi cause I didn't really know you. You were on my same row to the right, with the haircut!!! :heh:

Empress said:
I saw you at the show last year @ Hard Rock with Serge.. but I didn't say hi cause I didn't really know you. You were on my same row to the right, with the haircut!!! :heh:

You are so antisocial!! :p
I didn;t see you! Yeah, I went with Serge and Junior! It was a killer show.. I plan on getting better seats this time.. :)

And that was right after I cut my hair (which is even shorter now!!)

TimeStitcher said:
Yeah, I missed the deadline for that. Curses.

I wouldn't worry about it, as long as you act quickly when the regular tickets go on sale. In past years, the availability of good seats for the fan club presale has been sort of hit and miss. I've actually had better luck finding good seats by buying tickets from TicketDisaster or directly from the venue.

Kinda weird to see the show after Christmas, but I'd still like to go...missed them the past couple of years for various reasons. Thanks for the heads-up!

Angrafan said:
You are so antisocial!! :p

..I know I know.. it's true!! Sorry.. :ill:
But next time TSO is here, it's okay... I'll be on your passanger seat in less than 2 weeks, if I don't talk to you afer that something is for sure wrong with me :lol:

This sucks! I've seen them every year for the last 6 or 7 years but this year they are skipping my town. Bastards!

Pellaz said:
Cool that they're playing Atlanta after skipping last year...but Phillips Arena? They didn't even sell out a half-house show at smaller Gwinnett Arena last time!

Have faith, Paul!!!!! :) Since they're not playing Birmingham this year, we'll probably get a bunch of AL folks coming over..... It'll be a great show nonetheless!!!!!! :kickass:

Kathy said:
Have faith, Paul!!!!! :) Since they're not playing Birmingham this year, we'll probably get a bunch of AL folks coming over..... It'll be a great show nonetheless!!!!!! :kickass:

They play B'ham 20 Dec. I'm of mind with Pellaz on this. They skipped Atlanta last year because they couldn't book a venue during the tour, or so they claim. But Phillip's Arena on a week night? Does the Arena do 1/2 venue shows?

Magius said:
They play B'ham 20 Dec. I'm of mind with Pellaz on this. They skipped Atlanta last year because they couldn't book a venue during the tour, or so they claim. But Phillip's Arena on a week night? Does the Arena do 1/2 venue shows?

Wow.... I totally missed that B'ham date. You are soo right.. sorry....

Yes, Philips does do 1/2 venue shows. :)

I'll catch the Baltimore show if I'm back in town after the holiday. I missed it last year because I thought I was going to see it in Rochester with my aunt, so I skipped the Baltimore show, then got to Rochester and ended up not seeing it there either.

I am definitly going to see the Richmond show. This will be my third year. The first year, I was in the third row directly at center stage. I was no more farther away from the stage than I would be sitting in front of my own television!

Last year, I was there the day after I went through LASIK surgery. I ended up staying in Richmond overnight that night - at least it was the day before Thanksgiving.

This year, a December show. At least it is a Friday night since most likely, I'll probably be on the ski slope that Saturday.

But yeah, I have to agree with others here - where the hell's Nightcastle?!? I've been waiting nearly two years for that damn thing to come out now! Admittedly, the Christmas thing does get old - would like to see something new from these guys, plus that promised Beethoven's Last Night tour!

SkiBumMSP said:
But yeah, I have to agree with others here - where the hell's Nightcastle?!? I've been waiting nearly two years for that damn thing to come out now! Admittedly, the Christmas thing does get old - would like to see something new from these guys, plus that promised Beethoven's Last Night tour!
Paul O'Neill is both a perfectionist and a procrastinator. That's why Jon's doing solo albums now; he got tired of waiting around. When the new TSO and (probably final) Savatage do come out, guaranteed they will be excellent due to Paul's meticulous approach...

...in the meantime, I just hope I don't get hit by a bus or struck by lightning, or die of old age, before they are released.

Trans-Siberian Outcast said:
Paul O'Neill is both a perfectionist and a procrastinator. That's why Jon's doing solo albums now; he got tired of waiting around. When the new TSO and (probably final) Savatage do come out, guaranteed they will be excellent due to Paul's meticulous approach...

...in the meantime, I just hope I don't get hit by a bus or struck by lightning, or die of old age, before they are released.

:lol: ...the same could go for Paul and Jon too! They don't want to record the last Savatage album in a nursing home in the Tampa area!

Kenneth R. said:
ANOTHER SAVATAGE ALBUM!?!??!?!
Well, as of last year, there was supposed to be a new Savatage studio album to come out with their 25th anniversary DVD package. But some friends of mine did an interview with Jon a few months ago and it doesn't sound good for a new studio album next year. Here is Jon's quote from the interview.

DS: What can you tell us about the current state of Savatage?

JO: Well, the band still exists but there is nothing going on. They are all to busy with the other things that hey do. Except for the things that we are playing next summer. There is probably not anything going on with Savatage.

We have got a big thing planned for the 25th anniversary next summer. In negotiations nothing has been confirmed. But we looking to do something to commemorate the band anniversary and release a DVD package. We are talking about doing one or two shows or eight or nine or we gonna do twelve shows and when and where we are going to do them.

And the reason he started Jon Oliva's Pain...

I waited for a year to do a Savatage record; it did not happen, I waited another year; it did not happen, I waited another year; it did not happen. I was sitting on my couch going like, I am gonna do something. The first JOP record was mostly written after “Poets and Madman”. It was going to be the next Savatage record. I said: I waited long and the songs aren’t going to work anymore. As it was I going back and rewrite into that record a lot of different things because they did not work anymore for me. Its like food, you can put a song on the shelf for so long, but if it sits there too long it rots.

So that was one of the reasons I put JOP together. I said Okay here’s is something I can do, I mean these two records would have been the next’s Savatage albums. You got the Savatage albums you want. You just have me with different musicians. I mean it is Savatage! It's Savatage music, because it's my music and my music is Savatage music. My voice is Savatage.

You can read the entire interview at:
http://www.digital-steel.com/DS/index.php?headpage=interviews&id=10