TSO Spring Tour

Sir Exar Kun

Apr 25, 2003
Columbus, Ohio
Has anyone heard if Jon Oliva will be touring with TSO during the North America leg of the spring tour, or is he doing Europe only? They aren't playing anywhere closer then 1.5-2 hours away, but for Jon I'd make the drive...

What makes you think Jon will be doing the European tour? I haven't seen any confirmation of this.

I doubt he would have the stamina for the US tour. And he didn't come on the 2010 BLN tour.

Oliva: "The TSO thing is coming here to Europe in March and I'll be with 'em for that tour, so it'll be fun. We got a Savatage reunion going on at the end of the show.

Oh yeah, the Savatage reunion is going on at the end of the show... like eight Savatage songs... the 'Dead Winter Dead' / 'Wake Of Magellan' line up.

When we decided to bring TSO here, it was actually my idea, because I was still like every interview I was doing it was like people always... You know what: My biggest thing about doing it was always, that it would gonna take time away from TSO and that it would gonna take time away from what I was doing to do a proper Savatage thing because Paul (O'Neill) would not let it do be a half assed production. So this was the perfect opportunity. I was like: You know what, we could kill two birds with one stone. It'll help TSO ticket sales, because TSO isn't popular over here like it is in America and it'll shut everybody up once for all with the Savatage reunion, because we'll do it every night for twelve nights. If you wanna see it you got twelve or fourteen nights to come and see it and that's gonna be it. And then I don't have to hear anything. And that's it. Here we go. And they get their Savatage reunion and I get it out of my life and it's a beautiful thing all around."

I found that statement amusing. I get where he's coming from, but does he really think that's going to shut people up about a Savatage reunion? No matter what he does with TSO, no matter how many good JOP or CIIC albums are released, people are always going to want Savatage back.

And then I don't have to hear anything. And that's it. Here we go. And they get their Savatage reunion and I get it out of my life and it's a beautiful thing all around."

I love Jon as much as the next Savafan, but his statement above sounds like total bullshit! It's going to be difficult to get a Savatage reunion out of his life when he continues to perform Savatunes live, include Criss' music in his current output, and writes songs like Through the Eyes of the King and Some People Say...

~Brian~

How fucking difficult is it for Jon to realize the only TRUE solution is just reunite Savatage and do a proper farewell tour? The world will have no right to complain then. Sure, some still will, but fuck 'em.

I realize in many respects JOP = Savatage, and I really appreciate what most of the guys have done with some of their post-'Tage projects, but the heart of the matter is that I've only been lucky enough to see Jon perform with JOP once in the entire span of my fanship. For people in Florida/Georgia, it's easy to lay the "quit your bitching" on thick, but most of the country never, ever gets to see Jon perform.