Sounds like a Savatage "reunion" of sorts...

edgeofthorns

24 Hours Ago...
Jan 2, 2005
City beneath the surface
I ran across this over at the JOP forum...any thoughts, speculation? I think it's funny how Jon thinks this will actually shut us fans up! :lol:

„The TSO thing is coming here to Europe in March and I'll be with 'em for that tour, so it'll be fun. We got a Savatage reunion going on at the end of the show. Oh yeah, the Savatage reunion is going on at the end of the show... like eight Savatage songs... the 'Dead Winter Dead' / 'Wake Of Magellan' line up.

When we decided to bring TSO here, it was actually my idea, because I was still like every interview I was doing it was like people always... You know what: My biggest thing about doing it was always, that it would gonna take time away from TSO and that it would gonna take time away from what I was doing to do a proper Savatage thing because Paul (O'Neill) would not let it do be a half assed production. So this was the perfect opportunity. I was like: You know what, we could kill two birds with one stone. It'll help TSO ticket sales, because TSO isn't popular over here like it is in America and it'll shut everybody up once for all with the Savatage reunion, because we'll do it every night for twelve nights. If you wanna see it you got twelve or fourteen nights to come and see it and that's gonna be it. And then I don't have to hear anything. And that's it. Here we go. And they get their Savatage reunion and I get it out of my life and it's a beautiful thing all around.“ (Jon Oliva, 28.09.2010)

http://www.myspace.com/rock_city_berlin

~Brian~

Cool.

He's just ignoring the fact that the majority of people who have asked for reunion come from the USA.

What a shame. If he thinks this is gonna shut the US and South America fans up, he's very wrong. Poor guy is gonna hear more than ever.

Cool.

He's just ignoring the fact that the majority of people who have asked for reunion come from the USA.

What a shame. If he thinks this is gonna shut the US and South America fans up, he's very wrong. Poor guy is gonna hear more than ever.

I wouldn't say the majority are from the USA, but yeah he's acting silly if he thinks this is gonna shut people up. Now by doing this as you said, it'll make people complain more than ever. :lol:

Cool.

I agree. If I've said it once, I've said it ten times here. I don't see what the big damn deal is for Savatage to make some festival appearances during the summer and do some "mini" tours here and there. Sheeze! It's not like O'Neill doesn't have the money!

~Brian~

So why the fuck didnt he tour with them when they did all of "Beethoven.." and do these Sava-reunion then?
AAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I will take what I said back (regarding the majority of fans being from US) because I was just told of how much Savatage is huge in Europe. I knew about Brazil and Japan, but honestly had no clue they're that big in EU.

I will take what I said back (regarding the majority of fans being from US) because I was just told of how much Savatage is huge in Europe. I knew about Brazil and Japan, but honestly had no clue they're that big in EU.
Dude, they're worshipped here in Europe. Caffery has said the Greek fans are the best he's ever seen. When Zak played in Turkey, he couldn't believe his eyes. Same with Jon. These guys have probably never met such audiences in the US.

Dude, they're worshipped here in Europe. Caffery has said the Greek fans are the best he's ever seen. When Zak played in Turkey, he couldn't believe his eyes. Same with Jon. These guys have probably never met such audiences in the US.

Yeah, I just heard the same thing. I honestly had no idea they were that popular. It makes sense for Jon to do that reunion there.

That being said, he still should give us at least one gig here.

Seems like they wouldn't be all THAT busy with TSO-stuff in, say, February or March.....

They can't be, at least the band anyway. On the other hand, I'd say it's a year round commitment for O'Neill. With that said, I'd say festival appearances and mini tours would be fun for Plate, Caffery, Pitrelli, Stevens and Middleton. Hell, they can't be that busy...with hunting, fishing, and goofing off maybe! :lol:

~Brian~

I think you guys who are complaining about him not doing it here are forgetting about Weapons of Mass Destruction. We didn't get 8 songs, we got an entire 2 goddamn hour set. It was amazing, and if you were there, you know it was. If you weren't, oh well, it's probably the last time it's ever gonna happen.

I think you guys who are complaining about him not doing it here are forgetting about Weapons of Mass Destruction. We didn't get 8 songs, we got an entire 2 goddamn hour set. It was amazing, and if you were there, you know it was. If you weren't, oh well, it's probably the last time it's ever gonna happen.

We didn't forget. We're just greedy motherfuckers.

It *was* amazing, though.

But I didnt know what Savatage was til the following year :(

I was there...it was actually my first ProgPower and still my favorite one!

We didn't forget. We're just greedy motherfuckers.

+1 :loco:

~Brian~