Tube Screamers

JBroll

I MIX WITH PHYSICS!!!!
Mar 8, 2006
San Antonio, TX, USA
Okay, those of you who frequent the Sneap forum as well should bloody well know by now that I got sucked into doing a Tube Screamer FAQ - how they work, how to use them to tighten your amp distortion, basic mod ideas, et cetera - so if you have any questions about those bizarre little boxes please post them either here or at the Sneap thread: http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/andy-sneap/342578-tube-screamer-questions-lots-yelling.html

The more questions I can get, the more I can put in this thing and the quicker I can release it.

Jeff

Yes, but the tubes we're using are very small and it's not advised that you attempt to make girls fit in them.

Unless you have a thing for Tinkerbell... in which case I have to wonder if you can even hear her scream. She's fucking three inches tall, that's gotta be dog hearing. Seriously, what the fuck?

Jeff

Yes, but the tubes we're using are very small and it's not advised that you attempt to make girls fit in them.

Unless you have a thing for Tinkerbell... in which case I have to wonder if you can even hear her scream. She's fucking three inches tall, that's gotta be dog hearing. Seriously, what the fuck?

Jeff
lol
Is the legend that the new TSs aren;t like the old ones true?

Well, there were quite a lot of them made with different op-amps than the 'standard' 4558. This is why people charge outrageous amounts for 'vintage' Tube Screamers... but really. the 4558 sucks. It was the cheap shit that Japan made about three metric shittons of and they were just laying around everywhere - they weren't picked for tone. However, if you want a proper TS9, get an Ibanez TS7 for forty bucks. If you want an 808 (differences are covered in the FAQ) get an Ibanez TS7 and spend a quarter on two components that need to be changed.

Jeff