turkey gig, some photos

A Leaf

doesnt come with the tree
May 16, 2004
Istanbul
follow the link to see some pictures of the guys before and during the gig. photos are very nice if not the best.. download allPhotos.zip to get the whole pack. there are some other pics in my mobile (of lovely danny, john and jamie) that i cannot upload right now due to technical difficulties :) but i will.

yesterday was the most beautiful day of my life! definitely! and i know that it will be the best of the rest of it also.. (unless they stop by again, of course)

cheers! (serefe! ;))

The festival, overall was really good (except some problems like long soundchecks, the loud pop/techno music at the back that distracted my hypnosis in Anathema and Evergrey).

Queensryche surprised us by playing the entire Operation Mindcrime album, and Anathema...

Thanks a lot for playing Sleepless, A Dying Wish guys, I mean, we were just talking about it with my friend thirty minutes before the concert, just saying they wouldn't play those songs because they were from the older albums. But you just surprised me, and as my band of life, you just made another guy happy to listen to you.

BTW, I feel the need of thanking Lee Douglas also to come here. She sang us A Natural Disaster with her beautiful voice.

PS: My camera was really bad, so I can't put any pictures, but all of the concert is in my memory (and my voice is still gone :))

we were SHOCKED when we heard the anarchy X after I remember now (as in Excel, if you say 1,2, and drag rest, they come as 3,4,5,6, so entire album unfolded in front of us with Pamela Moore) :)

here is only one pic of me with Jamie

jamieben.jpg

rest of the images are really bad, my friend used an analog professional camera to take icture, I'll post them here later (like a month or so :p)

Cheers for the pics, nice to see what the fest site was like...It looks a nice place.

DragonLady1 said:
ah I remember when I saw them in Turkey, at the second day, the electricty went down :ill: that was really weird, they could only go on after half an hour or even more... :erk:
you're in turkey, always expect more! :devil:

:) say hello to Enis then, the one in the picture (friend of Angelic's ;) and mine )
:( that's right, i was really looking forward to the show in april (i missed the first anathema concert in istanbul) but now we made up for it indeed ;)

A Leaf said:
:( that's right, i was really looking forward to the show in april (i missed the first anathema concert in istanbul) but now we made up for it indeed ;)
Pretty much like me, then I guess. :) But I was kinda lucky. If there would be a concert in April, It'd be the day before the day where I had three midterms. :erk:

Maybe I'd still go, but I somehow think it wouldn't be too good for my studies, though. o_O :tickled:

i was kinda in that situation too. well i guess we'd both go, wouldn't we? :hotjump: