Twilight Poll I ~ Battle Of The Underrated

Which is the real underrated gem?

• Total voters
I think the chorus fro "Orion" is great, as is the rest of the song. The solos are astonishing and is probably one of Pinellas finest moments on the keyboard, of course Romeo also play great as usual.....one of Symphony X`s best songs....and The Relic is a great song too.....

ProgMetalFan said:
I've never understood why so many fans on this forum think the chorus to "Orion" is horrible? Why is it horrible? Am I missing something?

And some people seem to want every Symphony X song to sound like "Smoke and Mirrors". Doesn't seem very "progressive" to me if you want your favorite prog-metal band to only do one style of song.
You took the words right out of my mouth (or fingers in this case)

Orion rules

ProgMetalFan said:
I've never understood why so many fans on this forum think the chorus to "Orion" is horrible? Why is it horrible? Am I missing something?
The chorus isn't nearly as melodic as the rest of the song is; nor very melodic as Symphony X is or can be for that matter. It's not utterly horrible, just not nearly as great as the rest of the song, that's all. I still dig it plenty.

ProgMetalFan said:
And some people seem to want every Symphony X song to sound like "Smoke and Mirrors". Doesn't seem very "progressive" to me if you want your favorite prog-metal band to only do one style of song.
Actually I want every Symphony X song to sound like "The Edge Of Forever" and "A Winter's Dream". :Spin:

I voted for Orion. It's heavy, got great soloing, and I love the chorus. I guess what I also like about it is that it is somewhat different from usual SyX songs. Relic is a cool song, but I just don't like it as much as Orion.

whereas Miller and Rullo shine more on The Relic.

Rullo wasn't on TiO... :D

Well, my vote goes to The Relic. Incredible track, horribly underrated, better than Smoke and Mirrors, IMO...

Orion is good too, Russell uses more his voice and Pinnella's keyboards are great, nah, incredible on this song... but I don't like it that much as The Relic... ;)

Cheers! :)

ProgMetalFan said:

???

Who said they wanted every song like Smoke and Mirrors?? Did I miss that? i don't think anyone here wants them to do the same thing....well, there have been numerous people saying they want the band to do another V...

But whatever, I still don't like the chorus of Orion. :p

Trust in me and I'll lay all your nightmares to waste...

The song is spectacular - I love the key/guitar neoclassical unison part, the chorus, wow... the whole song is great.

Orion's cool, too... When the keyboard does all those wacked out arpeggios and they do the little DT style unison, into more key soloing - that's the greatest part.

Definitely Orion - The Hunter.

Actually it was my favourite Symphony X song 'til The Odyssey was released, and it's still on the second place :)