Twin Axe Attacks, best guitar 1-2 combo's

Tears Fear and Pain

New Metal Member
Oct 5, 2010
I was strolling down memory lane last night listening to some old Queensryche and was once again amazed at the chemistry of Michael Wilton and Chris DeGarmo. Back in their hey-day they were one of best 1-2 guitar combo's around. I was able to see them perform together live on numerous occasions as well and they never seemed to disappoint, which begs the question........

List some of the best 1-2 guitar combo's.

Phil Campbell / Wurzel

The albums with BOTH Phil and Wurzel are some of the most underrated in the whole Motorhead catalog, though I supposed you first have to give a rat's ass about Motorhead in the first place...... :)

Dickey Betts/Duane Allman
Dickey Betts/Warren Haynes
Dickey Betts/Derek Trucks
Derek Trucks/Jimmy Herring
Tom Englund/Henrik Danhage
Tom Englund/Marcus Jidell

Rossington and Collins - saw them one New Years Eve at the Omni - my mom thought I was spending the night with a friend. Wish I could have seen them pre-'77.

Kiko Loureiro and Rafael Bittencourt - Angra
Young brothers - AC/DC
Joachim Nordlund and Martin Haglund – Astral Doors
Wolf Hoffmann and Hermann Frank/Wolf Hoffmann and Jorg Fisher - Accept
Rudy Schenker - Matthias Jabs/Uli Jon Roth Michael Schenker - Scorpions
David Sanchez - Reece scruggs - Havok (Anyone that likes technical thrash..... this band is off the charts)

Bryant

Oh, and I'll add Paul Gilbert & Bruce Boullet(sp) from Racer X

and if we go three guitars, Dave Hlubeck, Steve Holland, & Duane Roland from Molly Hatchet! :headbang: :kickass:

and another duo - Mike Keneally & Steve Vai

Phil Campbell / Wurzel

The albums with BOTH Phil and Wurzel are some of the most underrated in the whole Motorhead catalog, though I supposed you first have to give a rat's ass about Motorhead in the first place...... :)

That's true. Bastards is BY FAR the best Motorhead disc IMO. The presence of 2 guitars improved their sound. It's too bad it didn't last long enough and they came back to a power trio.