two best opeth songs

Twlight is My Robe and Moonlapse Vertigo

I find starting someone out with a heavy song (Moonlapse) that begins with clean vocals (also the Drapery Falls) works - gets them used to the music before the vocals kick their ass.

Alternatively.. Night and the Silent Water for an earlier track..

Demon of the Fall and to bid you farewell...... and if I could pick a third, then epilogue, cos it's one of the most beautiful guitar solo songs I've ever heard, and shows a little explored side of opeth....

Richie

I cannot believe how underrated and how oft forgotten Karma is. Maybe it is its placement of the cd, just after the excellent Credence and just prior to the beautiful Epilogue...

To pick only two would be TWO difficult.

But as of the moment, for me...

1. Karma
2. To Bid You Farewell

that of course will change, just like the seasons.

funny you should mention Karma JesusChristPose.... I had the good fortune to speak with Mike at wacken last year, and when the subject came to touring songs, I mentioned Karma and from the response I got it seems that Mike doesn't really like that song.... not that that means anything..... I think that the part from 4:40 onwards for a bit where the acoustic and the dirty guitars duel it out for a bit is classic opeth....

Richie

hmmm...he just doesn't know what is good for his own good, I say ;)

I like that part too...but what really brings me into that song is when Mikey starts with the "Aaaaaaaahh....I have gone away....the path is cold and empty" when driving my car and that part comes on...people who look into my car move the fuck out of my way...it does it for me everytime.

Well, Karma is more a conclusion to the story than a song in itself, even musically speaking. A brilliant conclusion though! For a long time it sounded strange to me and I didn't really like it as a whole. Maybe Mikael needs to give it a few more listens still... ;)