Type O Negative

Soilent Goat

May 26, 2002
What are your thoughts on this band? I haven't gotten into them. I'm a pretty straight death/black metal fan but there are times where I'd just like to sit and chill to some heavily distorted slow guitar. Would you recommend them based on that fact? If so, which album?

Hell yeah their still around... :guh: Busy recording the next album due out some time next year. It would of been sooner (oct 31st) but from rumors I've read they had alot of trouble finding the coke they need for it because of location. so you know how that goes. hehe. If you're interested in the band, definitely check out October Rust. It's a personal favorite and Bloody Kisses is great too. I wouldn't say their exactly slow by any means. Maybe compared to most metal but I've always heard a very epic sound by them that I haven't found with any other band which is a extremely good thing. They are definitely one of a kind.

"anyone who can walk and see has no right to complain" Peter Steele of Type O Negative

JAH

yupp they are around...very busy. The album wont be released till like March of 2003 now. Lots of shit going on. I always have liked them..but I know for a fact that im not going to like the new album. Bloody Kisses is a wonderful album and so was WCD and October Rust. Come to Brooklyn and check out Johnny's side project Earls Court..they are a Led Zep cover band. Pretty damn good. =)

I have loved Type O for a LONG time. From the first listen I was hooked. As mentioned previously, I would definitely get "October Rust", as it is one of my favorites along with "Bloody Kisses". I am HIGHLY anticipating their new album...and I doubt that it is going to "suck"...I mean, right before the release of "World Coming Down", Peter Steele was quoted as saying the new album sounded like "Sonic Diarrhea". Gotta love his humor...obviously that album was anything but that.

"Live to Irritate the People Who Hate You"
~~Peter Steele

ok.... got a question? how do you know for a "fact" that you won't like it if it hasn't been released yet? and this leads to how do you come to the conclusion that it's a "huge disappointment" compared to eldest releases? did you time machine yourself to march 2003? :}

JAH

My favorite band is without a doubt Type O (although my favorite artist is Lee Hazlewood)!!!! The first time I heard them I think was in '94 when I saw "Black no. 1" on Headbangers Ball. I had always liked spooky stuff, but had never really found anything, but when I heard "Black no. 1" I was like "Goddamn, this is what I've been waiting for all these years!!!!". After a while I went out and got the album. First I was like "Well, it's allright" and put it on the shelf for a while. I then took it out a little later and found out that it was superb!!! Basically I've been a little dissapointed when they released a new album, as my expectations has been sky-high, but after a while they always get super-duper! Their three latest records are all in my top 10! "October rust" is my favorite, then "Bloody kisses", then "World coming down". I didn't get "World.." until the summer of 2001, so it may become my favorite, as it was the same thing with "October rust". I currently have 3 LP's and 11 cd's by them
If anyone should have "World coming down" or "The origin of the feces" on vinyl (or know where I can get it) please, please let me know, as I've been looking for it for a while now (I have Slow, Bloody & October on vinyl).

Base not your joy upon the deeds of others, for what is given can be taken away.
No hope = No fear
- Peter Steele

Pete steele damn near single handedly got me into the underground, Cept there was Paradise lost and Moonspell in my beginning :D But yeah ive got everything they've done so far and ive always liked it. Damn good band! ;)