U.S.A tour

I'm going to the Atlanta show on the 30th, and was wondering if anyone had any tips on getting a signature. I haven't heard of a signing before the show, so I'm guessing just hang out 'round back afterwards? (I just bought a drinking horn and would love to get them to sign it.)

I'm going to the Atlanta show on the 30th, and was wondering if anyone had any tips on getting a signature. I haven't heard of a signing before the show, so I'm guessing just hang out 'round back afterwards? (I just bought a drinking horn and would love to get them to sign it.)

Either wait afterwards up front or go to the side by the bathrooms...there should be a guardrail by the soundboard and usually the bands go over there after the show to sign autographs

Or go to the merch table. It depends where they go...last time I just shook their hands and left so I'm not sure...not really an autograph person.

See you there :kickass:

Well if your like me you stand by the bar holding a beer with a lost puppy look while trying to spot your friends...may not get you an autograph but its good for some strange looks :D I'm not one for autographs either took my friend kicking me in the ass to actually walk up and get one.

After begging them and begging them, tour after tour. SUCCESS!! I FINALLY GOT RAINBOW BRIDGE IN BALTIMORE!! AND IT WAS FUCKING AWESOME!!!! I asked them to play it in Jersey and Fred said he could but they never got to rehearse it during the sound check. But after the show Olavi told me they would def play it in Baltimore and for sure enough they were practicing it during the sound check. The Baltimore setlist was pretty much the same except they did Rainbow Bridge instead of Under the Northern Star. Man is my neck sore. i mean it was Rainbow Bridge. Death in Fire, Victorious March, and Cry of the Blackbirds all in that order so wow. I may have to take it easy tonight (we will see) The setlist tonight in Allentown will go back to Northern Star. Unless i ask them to do 1000 years. hehe who knows. They will probably be like hey you go your request. One request per 8 tours. lol. Wish they'd do Rainbow Bridge again but or well. It was nice to hear it once live. Ok off to Allentown now, not sure bout the 6-7 hour trek to Norfolk for the next day but we will see. Since the vikings will not be back for SOME time, it will be tempting.

Again the setlist for Baltimore was:

Intro
Twilight of the Thunder God
Free Will Sacrifice
Asator
Varyags of Milkagaard
For the Stabwounds in our Backs
Runes to My Memory
Guardians of Asgaard
Fate of Norns
Bleed for Ancient Gods
ACROSS THE RAINBOW BRIDGE (FUCK YEAH!!!!!)
Death in Fire
Victorious March
----
Cry of the Blackbirds
Pursuit of Vikings

After begging them and begging them, tour after tour. SUCCESS!! I FINALLY GOT RAINBOW BRIDGE IN BALTIMORE!! AND IT WAS FUCKING AWESOME!!!! I asked them to play it in Jersey and Fred said he could but they never got to rehearse it during the sound check. But after the show Olavi told me they would def play it in Baltimore and for sure enough they were practicing it during the sound check. The Baltimore setlist was pretty much the same except they did Rainbow Bridge instead of Under the Northern Star. Man is my neck sore. i mean it was Rainbow Bridge. Death in Fire, Victorious March, and Cry of the Blackbirds all in that order so wow. I may have to take it easy tonight (we will see) The setlist tonight in Allentown will go back to Northern Star. Unless i ask them to do 1000 years. hehe who knows. They will probably be like hey you go your request. One request per 8 tours. lol. Wish they'd do Rainbow Bridge again but or well. It was nice to hear it once live. Ok off to Allentown now, not sure bout the 6-7 hour trek to Norfolk for the next day but we will see. Since the vikings will not be back for SOME time, it will be tempting.

Intro
Free Will Sacrifice
Asator
Varyags of Milkagaard
Runes to My Memory
Guardians of Asgaard
Fate of Norns
Bleed for Ancient Gods
Death in Fire
Victorious March
----
Cry of the Blackbirds
Pursuit of Vikings

for some reason the set looks much better with across the rainbow bridge :headbang:

Intro
Free Will Sacrifice
Asator
Varyags of Milkagaard
Runes to My Memory
Guardians of Asgaard
Fate of Norns
Bleed for Ancient Gods
Death in Fire
Victorious March
----
Cry of the Blackbirds
Pursuit of Vikings

Soild playlist, although personally I would replace Varyags of Milkagaard with The Hero or Embrace of the Endless Ocean since it's got to represent the current album

That's cool they played that song since you requested it...props to them.

That said, they better fucking play Under the Northern Star in Atlanta :heh:

Either wait afterwards up front or go to the side by the bathrooms...there should be a guardrail by the soundboard and usually the bands go over there after the show to sign autographs

Or go to the merch table. It depends where they go...last time I just shook their hands and left so I'm not sure...not really an autograph person.

See you there :kickass:

Thanks. I usually don't go for 'em either, but figured that it would definitely be worth it this time.

Thanks. I usually don't go for 'em either, but figured that it would definitely be worth it this time.

No Problem.

If I remember correctly, they shook everyone's hands afterwards so if you want to shake their hands/high five them, run to the front after the last song and plow through everyone. I have long arms so I usually get soemthing. Haha.

2 days :heh:

That's cool they played that song since you requested it...props to them.

That said, they better fucking play Under the Northern Star in Atlanta :heh:

Yeah like i said Rainbow Bridge was only one night. They did Under the Northern Star in Allentown last night so im sure it will be there in Atlanta. Sucks major balls but im not doin the Norfolk show tonight. Just getting up now and yeah just not in the cards. But yeah to be realistic it is a 6 hour drive from where i am and shit load of tolls (the major one bein the chesapeake bay bridge/tunnel which is 12 fuckin bucks to and back) excellent view though and worth it since it's just 26 miles of just bridge and tunnel. Oh well my amon amarth extravaganza ends at 3. They really are like family and it's sad to not be able to follow them one more time. Lol they were probably gettin sick of me anyway (even though they SAID they were not and love my dedication) After this tour i feel like Olavi is my big bro. LOL i forgot one thing. HEHE i did the soda bottle beer bong thing again. I got a lil beer from Olli and not from his horn but a lil GUINNESS from Johan H. i love doin that soooo much. sigh shit gotta wait more then year now or 2 to see my distant family again. oh well HORNS up to the guys for making my week the best ever.

And yes i agree tomasz, The Hero or Embrace would go much better with that setlist then Varyags. They heavily enjoy playin Rainbow Bridge live too. I told them they should make it a main stay for one tour since it is one Johan H's favorite songs.

Intro
Free Will Sacrifice
Asator
Varyags of Milkagaard
Runes to My Memory
Guardians of Asgaard
Fate of Norns
Bleed for Ancient Gods
Death in Fire
Victorious March
----
Cry of the Blackbirds
Pursuit of Vikings

I always wanted to hear that song live!

I went to the show in Norfolk, Va last night and had to go through over 2 hours of crappy bands before Amon Amarth came on....AND IT WAS WORTH EVERY MINUTE OF IT!!! I haven't been to any concerts in over 10 years, but I love this group and told myself that I would go if they ever came near. That was one hell of a show and i can't wait till they are able to mek it back this way again.

Yeah i cant wait to see em tommorow in ATL, i been constantly listening to them and watchin Wrath of the Norsemen, I love Across the Rainbow bridge, and Cry of the Black Birds, idk which one i would want to see more, i would like both of them! But whatever one it is, its cool with me.

Yeah i cant wait to see em tommorow in ATL, i been constantly listening to them and watchin Wrath of the Norsemen, I love Across the Rainbow bridge, and Cry of the Black Birds, idk which one i would want to see more, i would like both of them! But whatever one it is, its cool with me.

Well you will for sure see Cry of the Black birds

The Show was absolutely amazing!!! wow, 2nd time seeing em but wow that was great. Amon Amarth really know how to put on a show! I got to be in the front row and i got a guitar pick!