UEFA EURO 2004 Fantasy Football

cedarbreed said:
Let alone his tackle on Idontrememberhisnamesen which deserved a red card...

He did to both Poulsen, but most glaringly Henriksen, just pick your -sen. A bit ironic that Totti slaughtering Danish players will do us double-harm by giving the Swedes a better chance of winning. No matter though, it's a scandal, nothing less, if he isn't thrown completely out of that tournamen, 2 glaring fouls, 4 instances of unprovoked spitting, seems a clear case. And big cheers to Poulsen for keeping his head in the game and going the right way about things, man, he didn't even complain to the Danish press after the game, just informed Morten Olsen and the Danish Football Organisation, how's that for professionalism.

I just read that 66 % of Italians voted that Totti should be punished harder than a 2-match-ban in a Gazetta dell... poll. Good one on the Italians, no blind fanaticism there.

Seems he only spat 3 times btw.

toolsofthetrade said:
thats very sad. so much for loyalty - he can fuck right off then.
why not wait what Beni* :) might have planned-in
yeah, i already heard about this chelsea offer to Gerrard. 45 mil. €, seems a tad much, but hey it's chelsea they don't care. As tools said, if he wants to leave, let him go. For 45 mil € you can buy at least 2 decent replacements for him. And there would be no one playing stupid passes back to the keeper ;) just kidden. I wouldn't want him to leave cause i thought his identification with Pool was that big, but money is everything. once again
. It's strange that he wants to go now that a new manager has just arrived. Anyways, maybe Pool will make a new offer to Rosicky then.

liverani1.jpg

i wonder if fabio liverani is as godlike as he's in CM for instance (or isnt he in cm4?), he might be a good buy - together with rosicky aye

Well, 4 days, got off easy, just remember Mihajlovich getting 8 days for just spitting once. Respect to Cannavaro for publicly declaring his disrespect for Totti's actions.

And thanks to Totti for giving me a good laugh with his defense "I don't recognise the Totti in those pics, it is not the real Totti". Idiot.

Anyone catch this, pic taken seconds before he netted that penalty:
news_90039.jpg

totti is gonna be banned i think 3 matches minimum, thats what officials here in greece predict. i saw the spitting "party" yesterday, i'm amazed the danes kept their cool, if he did that to a greek player there would be mayhem. the tackle was horrible too, as i said before. i'm kind of a roma fan in italy but that doesnt mean i'm gonna defend him. he's gonna have a tough life from now on i reckon (press, criticism, etc.). he should have been more careful.

as for the handballing, a ref here said yesterday night that its not a red if its unintetional, which might be so. i cant really tell tho. the ball stopped, and he used his hand, so... i dunno.

Allan said:
As for that red card for the goalkeeper (not that I actually give a fuck, but here goes). Look at the spin on the ball, it isn't interrupted at all when it supposedly touched the gk, but nevermind that, can't blame anyone for not noticing that, the real scandal is that it was in no way intentional and did NOT take away a 100% chance, that had already been donee with the initial legal tackle, the Portueguese player was already a few metres away when there could be a question of handball, referee should've picked up on that, and at most given him a yellow for unintentional hand ball, which would have been harsh anyways.

What i saw was that the keeper put his hand in front of the ball so it wont roll over to the portuguse guy, i may be wrong though. And i think you gotta fair chance of scoring a goal when the keeper is behind you

Allan said:
Well, 4 days, got off easy, just remember Mihajlovich getting 8 days for just spitting once. Respect to Cannavaro for publicly declaring his disrespect for Totti's actions.

And thanks to Totti for giving me a good laugh with his defense "I don't recognise the Totti in those pics, it is not the real Totti". Idiot.

Anyone catch this, pic taken seconds before he netted that penalty:
news_90039.jpg

next time i take a penalty ill remember that, though i usually play at goal and rarely use a penalty.

He only got 3 matches, it seems. That's noot enough, I think. But hopefully Italy will boot him out of there themselves or not make it past the group stage anyway.

The idiocy won't end, Totti's laawyers claimed Denmark had trapped Totti by having a special camera crew monitoring him throughout the game, and that if you had that on any player you could press charges afterwards!

Besides the obviously outrageous claim that any player would spit on his opponent and commit horrendous fouls, please explain to me what Denmark gains by getting Totti banned? We wnat to make it easier for the Swedes?

sol83 said:
don't worry, this euro's over for him. italy's too, if they don't shape up.
i think it's too little of a punishment either. I mean he possibly could play the semi- final again, and i think that's not enough.

ROOOOOOOONEEYYYY

Im in work and I cant watch the match so I dunno what quality the goal was or whatever or whether he has otherwise had a pretty shit game but some fella in scotland (I work on phones ringing scottish halifax bank customers) and he told me.

Im considerably chuffed..Everton striker scored for England..

the boy Rooney did it twice! Well, Owen wasn't in good shape again, dunno what's wrong with him. Only good scene was his assist for Rooney first goal.
Anyway, i wasn't overwhelmed by englands game play, neither by France'! It seems as if this is gonna be a very interesting last match day in this group, every team can still reach the quaters, even Swiss.