ugggggggggggggg album leaked and its not even avail for dl

You guys can find Dandelium's first 6 albums (album demos, never recorded vocals and never released) in all the free download places you can find. I like it, as they promote us and we never released anything (so we don't loose money).

If I had released them things would be different and could be pissing me off.

contact isp's of the providers of where the torrents are being uploaded.. mega uppload or u torrent or anything of the sort

urmmm utorrent aren't providers of any torrents and do not store any torrents for download.

as far as i'm aware megaupload aren't exactly the hub of the torrenting network either, as a matter of fact i've never seen it used

EDIT: i take it back about megaupload, i googled "site:www.megaupload.com ".torrent"" and got looaaadddsss of hits

however, i don't see a site like mininova reacting to requests for content to be taken down quite in the same way that megaupload would

SERIOUSLY MUSICIANS HAVE TO GROW UP TO THE INTERNET ERA !!!

STOP SELLING THESE CDS !

OFFER YOUR ALBUMS FOR DOWNLOAD FOR 1 OR 2 USD OR WHATEVER YOUR EVIL RECORDING COMPANY PAYS YOU PER SALE OF 1 CD !

STOP FORCING YOUR FANS TO BUY A STUPID PIECE OF PLASTIC !

THEY SHOULD BE ABLE TO ONLY BUY YOUR MUSIC !

OR EVEN ONLY SELL LICENSES OF LEGAL OWNERSHIP AND ALLOW YOUR ALBUMS TO BE SHARED ON P2P !

SOMETHING HAS TO CHANGE !!!

(yeah it had to be shouted out...)

I didn't read the rest of the topic so I'm hoping no one stole my thunder with what I'm about to say.

Fuck you, physical items are the shit. Anyone who appreciates the music should also appreciate the (9 times out of 10) hard fucking work that goes into the artwork and packaging aswell.
So fuck you.
The albums that get my money are the ones that really go the extra mile with that "stupid piece of plastic" and what it's packaged in. If you're gonna be so indifferent about it, then you can forget me even THINKING about paying for anything your band releases, because it's that sort of attitude that isn't helping CD sales. Stop devaluing bands' and artists' hard work, and maybe things may improve just a little bit.

Rant over, no hard feelings <3

I didn't read the rest of the topic so I'm hoping no one stole my thunder with what I'm about to say.

Fuck you, physical items are the shit. Anyone who appreciates the music should also appreciate the (9 times out of 10) hard fucking work that goes into the artwork and packaging aswell.
So fuck you.
The albums that get my money are the ones that really go the extra mile with that "stupid piece of plastic" and what it's packaged in. If you're gonna be so indifferent about it, then you can forget me even THINKING about paying for anything your band releases, because it's that sort of attitude that isn't helping CD sales. Stop devaluing bands' and artists' hard work, and maybe things may improve just a little bit.

Rant over, no hard feelings <3

thanks for summing it up like that i couldnt have said it any better.....:headbang:

i too am a fan of cds and will never go to the mp3 only format. real fans still love the art and the random factoids that come with owning the disc (who wrote what song, who guest-starred on the song, who produced it, etc).

lol

For me it is all about the music and nothing else.

I don't want to be forced to pay the evil record company that makes the cd, for album artwork, for cutting down trees for that silly piece of paper inside, to the truck driver(s) who moves it between factory/warehouse/wholesaler/retail store, the margin that gets added on every next stage of distribution.

(import taxes too !)

I only want to pay the artist and recording/mixing/mastering engineers for what they do...

Yeah i am that evil !

And no i will not release any cds.

I will stick to what i believe in.

If i decide to release something it will be probably for free.

I have a good enough source of income now.

lol

real fans still love the art and the random factoids that come with owning the disc (who wrote what song, who guest-starred on the song, who produced it, etc).

All that info including a very high resolution art image can be downloaded in just about 20 MB of data.

Then you can print it if you want.

Not to mention all the info on who played what solo, who wrote what song, etc. Honestly, I'm with you Mutant, but the only problem is digital stuff is subject to the storage medium its on, and nothing is as reliable as factory-pressed audio CD's! (including burned CD's) So how do you suggest people protect their investment? If it's a licensing issue, that's still someone else that has that license (e.g. amazon.com or something) so if the company goes under or has a massive server failure or something, your music is gone. CD's offer a permanent storage solution that if cared for will last forever, unlike HDD's, burned CD's, or flash memory, which will eventually die for absolutely no reason except overuse!

Despite my previous post being completely hypocritical because I downloaded like 4-5 albums today (3 of which being ones that I actually own, just can't find the disk to, but the point stands) I *DO* go out of my way to find money for albums where bands TRULY make an effort with the artwork or packaging, or bands that write truly incredible albums, basically, the ones that really go the extra mile get my money, and you're here discouraging that. I can't afford to spend much money, if any most weeks, on music and DVD's, so when I indulge is it gonna be Seditz' bro's band or Mutant's album? 2 fucking guesses.

lol

For me it is all about the music and nothing else.

I don't want to be forced to pay the evil record company that makes the cd, for album artwork, for cutting down trees for that silly piece of paper inside, to the truck driver(s) who moves it between factory/warehouse/wholesaler/retail store, the margin that gets added on every next stage of distribution.

(import taxes too !)

I only want to pay the artist and recording/mixing/mastering engineers for what they do...

Yeah i am that evil !

And no i will not release any cds.

I will stick to what i believe in.

If i decide to release something it will be probably for free.

I have a good enough source of income now.

lol

Well you can fucking forget ever having my dollar if you're so willing to rest on your laurels like that.

OK Metaltastic has a valid point here.

My answer to storage reliability is backups on dvds and raid hdd arrays.

I store my cds and casette tapes in a cellar which is full of coal dust so most probably they will not live very long.

contact isp's of the providers of where the torrents are being uploaded.. mega uppload or u torrent or anything of the sort

uTorrent is a piece of software, no torrent files stored within it.

Which sites actually agreed to delete the files after you requested that? Never heard of such stunt working - the Piratebay's Legal threats -section itself is quite a collection of threats with no effect.

I read with understanding, and I'm disagreeing with you, rather fucking prolifically. Telling me you don't need my money isn't going to change the fact that your opinion is that of a fuckwit who just quite simply doesn't FUCKING get it.

On a more emotional level, economics and shit aside, music is more than just a fucking mp3 download. The best music is shit that infects your very heart and soul, takes you on fucking journeys, leads you to places you've never been before. It's the soundtrack to your life, your loves, your paties, the good times, the bad times, all that soppy shit, music is like a lifeblood to anyone who appreciates it (and im sure pretty much EVERYONE on this forum understands EXACTLY where im coming from.) To even dare THINK for a second that all this beautiful is art only deserves to be distributed as 1's and 0's on minifuckingnova is disrespectful as fuck towards the artists that put so much passion and energy into writing all this beautiful music.
There's more to music than just listening to it aswell.
We've all know what that new booklet smell is like, you get a new CD in the post, you look through the booklet, look at the artwork, read the lyrics and information, feel it in your fucking fingertips as you put it on for the first time. It's an experience, and if you're so jaded that you can't appreciate it then you must be pretty motherfucking dead inside.

Now, on an economical level, think about the amount of people that'd be out of a job if music was distributed as mp3 only. Artists, factory workers, truck drivers taking bigass boxes full of CD's to stores. A whole lot of people would get affected by that. What do you do for a living Mutant? Imagine if there was a big fucking change in whatever industry you worked in and all of a sudden you were just no longer needed. You'd be pretty fucking pissed, eh? Yeah.

As well as that, the simple idea of music going mp3 only is pretty fucking preposterous. Physical media isn't dead yet. DVD's are still going strong, so are CD's, so is everything else you can buy and hold in your hand. I still buy magazines and read them, rather than just looking at PDF's online. Nothing can replace interacting physically with an object, even if it's something as simple as a magazine, you form some kind of bond with it, and that's why it isn't dead yet.

Physical media has come under attack from many different sources, and it hasn't been killed yet. So you know what? Fuck you. :)

uTorrent is a piece of software, no torrent files stored within it.

Which sites actually agreed to delete the files after you requested that? Never heard of such stunt working - the Piratebay's Legal threats -section itself is quite a collection of threats with no effect.

edit i ment rapishare etc need to proofread...getting it off any site is an acclomplishment in my eyes

Oh god Gareth, your starting to lose me dude! :lol: I'm sorry, but I really don't care about the "feel" of a booklet, or the smell of the print, I really just care about the music, and I can just as easily appreciate the artwork on a computer monitor!

my brothers band had there cd leaked and its not even available for dl... only physical cd's ....weve tried everythign to prevent this and found it on over 100 torrent sites in the past day some with some cray dl's that top the actual sales by like 1000 perccent..... really sad thing is is the demo we never released is on there almost as many times ......with album artwork..... we never once handed out a copy of it... we had it on myspace but not all at one time...

uggg try so hard to do somethign, to see that its been available for free since day one.... were still trying to figure out how the fuck this leaked.

My bands debut album was on all the torrent sites 5 minutes after we released it too. We were actually stoked that people wanted to download it. I think if people in metal bands are expecting to make money in this industry then you're kinda dillusional (at least not here in Australia anyway). I reckon a lot of people who have bought our cd downloaded it first anyway, which is totally understandable.