44 - Amon Amarth
36 - At the Gates +2
55 - Behemoth
30 - Dark Tranquillity
56 - Emperor
19 - Necrophagist
36 - Nile -2

Tubbs Mcgee said:
Emperor sucks ass from what I've heard. I listened to Wrath Of The Tyrant and Nightside Eclipse. Hated both of them. Made me not want to try out black metal again.

Wrath of the Tyrant is an EP, which borders on being a demo. The members of Emperor were either 17 or 18 at the time, I believe. Their youth clearly stands out on that recording.

In the Nightside Eclipse is near universally regarded as one of the top 5 extreme metal albums ever. It is THE symphonic black metal album. The production is perfectly done, cold and hateful. Ihsahn's vocals are in top form. He basically defines the style here. The keys are majestic and tastefully employed, without the excess of ...and Oceans, DB, Limbonic Art, etc. The songwriting on the album is brilliant from the furious intro to the triumphant end of Inno a Satana. This is really the only album where Samoth and Ihsahn are on the same page, and it shows in the perfect balance between guitar and key leads and melodies. The Majesty of the Nightsky is the shining example of the spectrum of emotions that Emperor produces here.

44 - Amon Amarth
34 - At the Gates
55 - Behemoth
30 - Dark Tranquillity
64 - Emperor +2
15 - Necrophagist -2
36 - Nile +2

What's with all the Nile hate? Jesus.

44 - Amon Amarth
38 - At the Gates +2
55 - Behemoth
32 - Dark Tranquillity