Ultimate top 10 metal album ever.

Wouldn't it be after (post) industrial, making it industrialized-mechanical-retro-neo-manufactured-machine metal...yeah, thats it!:lol:
I'm goofing...ain't got a clue.

Death/Black metal vocals, if executed properly by a skilled throat, can add an aggressive and rhythmic element to the music. It also creates a dynamic within the contrast of clean/power vocals and the aforementioned style. However, each his own :)

Are we talking bands like...?
1. Scar Symmetry
2. Bodom
3. Scarpoint
4. Meshuggah
5. In Flames...
(this is my order of what most appealed to me musically and somewhat tolerable vocally).

If so, I'm familiar with these bands though they are not my fave cup of tea. I did go back and check some of thier newer samples. I have no problem at all listening to this style metal, and to a point the screaming / harsh vocals.

I guess its the growl-vocals that sound like the mich is in the back of the throat surrounded by a handful of marbles-that I don't like.

Are we talking bands like...?
1. Scar Symmetry
2. Bodom
3. Scarpoint
4. Meshuggah
5. In Flames...
(this is my order of what most appealed to me musically and somewhat tolerable vocally).

Well, I don't listen to that kind of metal so much, but I like the vocalists of In Flames, Tristania, Immortal and Dimmu Borgir, to name a few. But for me the master of death growls is Chris Barnes of Six Feet Under (don't know if they still exist though).

The first to albums of Children of Bodom are amazing though I don't like the voice too much. Jonah seems to like the band, a few of his great melodies remind me of Childrem of Bodom (e.g. the intro of Ghost Light). Opeth is another band I'd like to check out, they always get great reviews and are named a few times in the top 10. :)

Khm-khm..back on topic...

1. Iron Maiden - SSOTSS
2. Iron Maiden - Dance of death
3. Dark tranquility - Fiction/Character
4. Iced Earth - Something wicked this way comes/Burnt offerings
5. Sonata Arctica - Reckoning night
6. Bruce Dickinson - [can't pick my fav, I'm big Bruce fan :) ]
7. Symphony X - Paradise lost
8. Pyramaze - Legend of the bone carver
9. Black Sabbath - Headless cross
10. Evergrey - The dark discovery

First 5 on the list are in order, on the other 5 order is not in a particular order.. I would like to mention some other great stuff that I didn't put on my list:

Atheist - Piece of time
Disturbed - 10000 fists
Shining Star - Enter eternity
Catamenia - Location cold

no specific order

Iced Earth - Horror Show
Vile - The New Age of Chaos
Lamb of God - As The Palaces Burn
Exodus - Tempo of The Damned
Blood Red Throne - Monument of Death
Marduk - Fuck Me Jesus
Unleashed - Across The Open Sea
Amon Amarth - With Oden On Our Side
Samael - Passage
Coroner - Mental Vortex

Hon. Mention: Slayer - Seasons In The Abyss

as u can tell my tastes push towards death metal alot but i still love power, thrash, doom metal

the reason i excluded Pyramaze is that theres no point in putting them there... everyone knows if im here i obviously love Pyramaze...i usually just lurk in the forums but after hearing of the new singer ive decided to start posting a bit

One thing I first notice in this listing of greatest albums is...

NO Ayreon?! :(

'The Human Equation', epic.

I'll list my top ten soon enough...just got to make a choice. 'Tis not easy with 52k+ of songs lol o_O

Well, gave up on sifting through my thousands of albums... Here are SOME of the best metal albums I have.

In no particular order:

1. Ayreon - The Human Equation
2. Gamma Ray - Land of the Free
3. Allen/Lande - The Battle
4. Opeth - Ghost Reveries
5. Burst - Prey On Life/ Origo (Both really good)
6. Avantasia - The Metal Opera Part I (Not perfect, but still very good)
7. Dream Theater - Systematic Chaos
8. Ayreon - 01011001
9. Eluveitie - Spirit
10. Falconer - Chapters From a Vale Forlorn

After a couple listens, I may have to alter my list to include...

Iced Earth - The Crucible Of Man :worship: :kickass:

Holy crap, this is something I've been waiting for. To be honest, Part I was the first album by Iced Earth that really sparked my interest. I've liked almost all albums, but that was just different. I'll be sure to pick it up when it's released.

Concept albums = yay

It leaked already? Damn you, now I'll have to fight my powerful urges to go and download it.
Hehe...yep, and no voiceovers :) It's fucking great...better than FA (which I really dug)...can't wait to pick it up. I'm hoping the "boxset" version will be out this year, Schaffer spoke earlier to Bravewords...

It’s done, or is it? While BW&BK heard 16 of the 19 tracks written for the second instalment of the Set Abominae concept, even at the eleventh hour (during mastering), ICED EARTH's Jon Schaffer is still unsure of the final sequence. As we sit in the rent-a-car listening to a possible final mix, the mainman/guitarist considers a radical overhaul, removing the remaining segues from the running order, having already opted out of ‘Be Warned’ and ‘Time Marches On’, the latter utilizes sound clips of historical events; “Oh, the humanity” Hindenburg disaster, Winston Churchill and Adolf Hitler speeches, etc.) “The record seemed to flow better. When you’re driving down the road, most people just skip over them.” Then playing the debate out in real time, he switches tact. “This is an artistic album. You’re not supposed to put it on as background music and go do something else. You need to listen and pay attention.” So are those (all?) segues doomed to the vault? “They’ll be on the (proposed) box set. It’s supposed to be like a hardback comic book, with space for the singles and the two (full-length) discs. They’ll be extensive artwork that will flush out the story and those (deleted segue?) pieces will be exclusive to that. I’m also toying with writing a couple of additional acoustic guitar parts, specifically for it.”

I picked up on the leak too. I don't think Schaffer has anything to worry about though. ;)

Indeed, this is the year of Barlow! :kickass:

Edit: Oh and I forgot to mention that I came. Pretty hard too.

Communics new CD 'Payment Of Existence' is officially on the fasttrack towards my top ten. Brilliant as thier first two releases, with an even heavier / powerful sound...great stuff! :headbang:

[ame]http://youtube.com/watch?v=1Hof0QfI_3M[/ame]

Had a listen to the leak of 'The Crucible Of Man', and yeh... *cream*.

I'd probably say my favourite is 'A gift or a curse'...the bit at 2:27 into that song, where it switches; so empowering.