Ultra-simple shit-fi black metal

SouthernTrendkill

Super Normie
Aug 22, 2007
I like music that is extremely simple and music that is rawer than a cassette tape rubbed against barbed wire. Unfortunately... technology these days makes even the shittiest little bands record beautiful little records, and the big bands are all smoother than a baby's bottom.

So if you could throw some black metal bands my way which are super simplistic and super shit-fi I'd appreciate it. They can be from any time period but 2nd wave styled would be best.

I like music that is extremely simple and music that is rawer than a cassette tape rubbed against barbed wire. Unfortunately... technology these days makes even the shittiest little bands record beautiful little records, and the big bands are all smoother than a baby's bottom.

So if you could throw some black metal bands my way which are super simplistic and super shit-fi I'd appreciate it. They can be from any time period but 2nd wave styled would be best.

Really? I'd say modern production makes it sound worse, since it's too easy to make a completely flat sounding unatmospheric record. Before at least with the production involved in records, some of the high end would be lost, everything would be smoother and warmer.

Nowadays a lot of records sound harsh and not in a good way. I don't know why but somehow capturing that much doesn't make it sound like it's actually in the room there - probably because you need the same level of audiophile equipment to replicate it at the other end. On a record with Dual Recs all over it in particular, you don't want too much high end.

It does'nt come any more dirty or lofi than Goat Vulva

Ride For Revenge are a great new band,wholly worth checking out.

Last edited by a moderator: