UM fantasy premier league 2015/2016 (SOCCER)

Still have no idea how could Evans have captained several matches this season. Horrible player.

evans has had maybe three spells of excellence in a utd shirt. they usually last maybe 10 or 12 games, then you go back to the usual shite. i'm not sure if it's just that he needs the right partner or needs stability or something, but he just can't maintain his level. people forget that he was integral to that van der sar clean sheets record and was generally really good that season, but he never pushed on from there.

personally, i don't rate jones or smalling that highly either. especially jones. talk about a loose cannon. i'm terrified we're going to concede before we've even kicked off if i see he's on the pitch. he does the david luiz thing of having these really great, eye-catching performances every so often which get the media purring, but then the rest of the time he's a total liability. ugh.

And I'm sitting here waiting for more signings than one goalkeeper and a bunch of youngsters (you can guess the team :))

I can only think of Arsenal or West Ham. Or maybe Bournemouth, but I am only aware of the fact they signed Boruc :lol:.

And when it comes to United, I would like to see Otamendi at Old Trafford this season! Terrific lad! The one you need hopefully.

I think Schweinsteiger is obviously good player, but don't know how LVG sees his midfield. One very defensive mid and one quite ofensive or two more similar?

i think schneiderlin will be more of a ball-winner, schweinsteiger more of a cultured deep-lying passer/interceptor with some added runs from deep, and then herrera (i hope) in front as the AM. that's what i'd try first, anyways.

Di Maria I think is gonna have better season than last, he's on Hazard/Sanchez level IF he's gonna play like he can.

he's really unsettled though dude, his family aren't happy, there was the burglary and all that stuff. all the murmurings out of OT suggest he doesn't wanna be here, and PSG are sniffing around as we speak. it's a shame, i rate him a lot, but sometimes players just don't gel with their new club/city and i suspect he may be one of them.

And I don't get the hype about Darmian. Seen many UTD fans excited about him, and he is quality player, but is he PL winners quality? I don't think so.

he's just a solid addition to a dubious looking backline imo. potential to improve. most utd fans i know are content with that buy, not over the moon or anything.

And I'm sitting here waiting for more signings than one goalkeeper and a bunch of youngsters (you can guess the team :))

arsenal? :p

i think schneiderlin will be more of a ball-winner, schweinsteiger more of a cultured deep-lying passer/interceptor with some added runs from deep, and then herrera (i hope) in front as the AM. that's what i'd try first, anyways.

arsenal? :p

I think you could do with a destroyer - Wanyama more than Schneiderlin. I know Fergie didn't play with one, but he always had good backline. When I look at the least conceding teams, I see Matic, Wanyama, Coquelin transfored us briliantly. But that's just my opinion, obviusly LVG knows what he's doing.

And I think you could do with a striker, someone with pace maybe to offer something different so he wouldn't be just a backup.

i think we could do with about three destroyers given how shit our defence is. seriously though, i'm not sure there are many elite destroyers available atm. wanyama might be a good fit stylistically but is he good enough for utd? notice how much carrick improved utd last season when he came back; my hope is that as long as we have positionally intelligent/disciplined central mids we don't necessarily need classic destroyer types, but you may be right. matic has done wonders for chelsea.

BTW, as we speak it's being reported that utd are bidding for pedro :|

Unfortunately, Carrick is aging badly and I suppose he won't be there at OT next season.

And when it comes to Pedro, I don't get the hype behind that poor player. He's less than weak, and he is really frail posture, it it certainly not very good for PL. He was deep benched last season at Barca, and now top PL sides want to sign him? Ridiculous.

Shit, I've just made out Delph signed for City. And that fucker dared to swear he stays at Villa because he wants to captain them this season. What a disappointment. And I valued him so much...Such a great, hardworking midfielder.

Unfortunately, Carrick is aging badly and I suppose he won't be there at OT next season.

And when it comes to Pedro, I don't get the hype behind that poor player. He's less than weak, and he is really frail posture, it it certainly not very good for PL. He was deep benched last season at Barca, and now top PL sides want to sign him? Ridiculous.

depends what you mean by 'aging badly', last season was one of his best imo. had a really positive impact on our season when he came back from injury. he has the kind of style that doesn't require much athleticism so i think he can carry on a while yet. i've never felt he was on the same level as the likes of alonso and pirlo, and there was a time when i felt like we could do without him, but our more inexperienced and mentally fragile side of recent seasons has been helped a great deal by his calmness and defensive stability. i wouldn't want him playing week in week out though.

tbf any prem team would kill to have almost anyone from the benches of barca, real and bayern, our league isn't really on that level right now. i mean, you could say the same thing about alexis sanchez and look how well he's done so far. granted, he's more of a physical specimen with uber work rate, you may be right that pedro doesn't suit the EPL as well.

Shit, I've just made out Delph signed for City. And that fucker dared to swear he stays at Villa because he wants to captain them this season. What a disappointment. And I valued him so much...Such a great, hardworking midfielder.

rip fabian delph. i know city aren't exactly very strong in central midfield at the moment but i still can't see him getting many games. he'll be acquainting himself with the rodwell-shaped groove on the bench methinks.

Well, it's going to be very interesting season. Tottenham got rid of Kaboul, Stambouli and Soldado are almost out too, from the unwanted list there are only Adebayor and Chiriches left, if we'll also get rid of them, we can afford another, more expensive acquisition. There were rumors about De Bruyne, but I guess he's eager to join top 4 teams which play in CL.

i really hope you get back in the mix, it was fun while it lasted. it's a shame you've been forced to sell all your stars in recent seasons. i'm not exactly impressed with your squad as it stands but i do think alderweireld is a good buy, should hopefully settle in next to vertonghen given their experience together internationally.

Thanks for kind words dude! Yeah, indeed, we couldn't dispose well with money from Bale's sale. We bought 7 players with that money and the only good purchase turned out to be Eriksen and maybe Chadli, who, paradoxically, were the cheapest ones. People say shit about Lamela, they say that for the money he was bought he should score at least 10 goals a season and get the same amount of assists. I really like him, he has lots of potential but again, I suppose he is not able to get used to PL playing style. He is really thin and his pros are his acceleration, agility and dribbling.

What's the most interesting about that is the fact that Lamela was bought for about 27 million pounds, whilst Eriksen for just 11 million. It's an enormous difference in value and in performance quality between these two. You can only think what a bargain Eriksen was!

article-2420146-1BCCF40E000005DC-646_634x332.jpg

Two of these 7 guys are no longer with us. They all were worth almost the same price Bale was sold for (85.3 million pounds)

I think Liverpool proved that you should spend money rather on few quality players than loads of average ones.

Anyways, Spurs lack difference making players. There's Kane who might not be as good next season and Eriksen, but I think he could be more consistent. Lack of quality cover in CF, defensive midfield. Not good enough right back (Trippier isn't good defensively and Walker is, well, Walker), right wing if either Lamela or Townsend won't wake up. And what about Danny Rose? I know he's good when attacking, but I remember him being quite a liability defensively. Did he get better.

I'm sorry, but I can't see any other team than last season top 4 getting in the top 4 this year.

Yeah, you're exactly right, until Tottenham (if only) buys any well attacking De Bruyne-like player there are no chances for us to get into top 4. We also, like you said before, need backup for Harry, the best choice would be Austin or Berahino. I'm really worried if Kane maintans his good form during this season, if he scores less than 15 goals it will be a huge disappointment. He's still 21 though. Has time to develop. I am not really a fan of Townsend, he shines way too rarely and he often plays mindlessly. Pace is fucking not everything.

I would really like to see Hakan Calhanoglu or Karim Bellarabi at White Hart Lane. Godlike acquisitions.

I think Liverpool proved that you should spend money rather on few quality players than loads of average ones.

didn't liverpool do exactly the same thing as spurs except worse? or is that what you're saying lol

yeah, spurs need some serious investment i'm afraid. they do have some promising players coming through like bentaleb, carroll, dier, davies etc as well as the likes of kane and rose (and lamela if he sorts himself out), but none of these are the finished article yet except mayyybe kane. eriksen is a fantastic little player though, i can see why he's been hyped as the second coming of laudrup for so many years.

And what about Danny Rose? I know he's good when attacking, but I remember him being quite a liability defensively. Did he get better.

I'm sorry, but I can't see any other team than last season top 4 getting in the top 4 this year.

I didn't watch every match last year (I like to sleep lol) but I thought Rose has a very solid year. I'm more worried about the right side of the back 4. Hopefully Toby Alderweireld can provide more stability.

Besides getting another striker, I'd like them to buy another defensive midfielder. Not sold on Mason, yet. Love Bentaleb though, he's going to be worth a lot in a few years.

Rose, like it has been said before, is great at attacking but often forgets about defending. I love his pace tho.

Mason is decent and Bentaleb has potential. Although he used to make mistakes in Europa League like lots of lost balls and inaccurate passes, I can forgive him for his great appearances in BPL.

Anyway, enough talk about EPL. Post your teams. When joining league I did this, didn't have time to make any changes but here it is.

EqQ6xFU.jpg

Marty, why Kane and Sanchez on bench?

nocoountryforoldwainds, who is Targett?

I'll post my in the future. But now, we have Benteke in LFC. :lol:

Marty, why Kane and Sanchez on bench?

nocoountryforoldwainds, who is Targett?

I'll post my in the future. But now, we have Benteke in LFC. :lol:

I did not make any formation change yet, I just bought the players, and I am probably gonna do some changes too. I had to buy players to join the league and didn't spend much time with it.

normally i'd keep mine secret but since none of my irl friends post here anymore i guess it doesn't matter. prob won't stay like this by the start of the season anyways.

I like people posting their 15, just out of curiosity, to see different approach.