UM fantasy premier league 2015/2016 (SOCCER)

Benteke, Ings, Balo, Lambert, Sturridge, Borini - LFC will still be out of top 5 :lol:

Don't forget Origi.:D Even if they managed to offload Sturridge, Borini and SuperMario, they'd have four stikers. Three strikers sitting on bench - crazy. They'd have to play diamond to utilize them. I don't think diamond is a way to go in PL. Maybe with great fullbacks (which they don't have) and very fluid and complex front 3/4 players, which again they don't have.

Yeah, I forgot Origi. But he played shit on loan at Lille. I think they'll mostly play like this:

Mignolet (shit)

Clyne Skrtel Lovren/Sakho/Toure (all shit) Moreno

Lallana/Ibe Henderson Milner Coutinho

Firmino Benteke

Unfortunately, I see no place for Ings who I am really fond of. Lots of potential are going to be wasted. Maybe they loan him out to WBA or wherever he could find place in starting XI.

the 13/14 season was the only season where he played regularly up front in a good team, and he looked world class, scoring 21 in 29, many of them beauties. he was also excellent in 12/13 after initially signing with liverpool, scoring 10 goals in 14 games, and scored 8 in 12 for bolton in the prem too. aside from that, he'd only played over 15 games in a premier league season once, for chelsea, and i believe he was generally played on the right for them? if he were to maintain the kinds of numbers he's achieved during his time at liverpool so far (when fit), he'd be a lock for liverpool's number 9 position. i'm not sure he'd manage quite the same output without suarez around him but there's no reason to assume he'd suddenly become mediocre, he was the star of that team outside of suarez in 13/14. dude has glass legs though alas.

I think he could be great, not quite world class level, but very close. He has it all, finishing, pace, movement, technique, ok strength, maybe not quite good in air but hey, that's why there's Benteke. One thing though that quite a lot of Pool fans agree is that he has to prove himself this season. If he ends up injured again, both he and club should move on and don't end up like Diaby.

Yeah and Diaby is close to sign for WBA. You know it went wrong when you are going to sign for WBA. The same was with Lescott who used to be a class defender for City as well as for national team.

Does van Gaal seriously want to sign Ronaldo? Perez demanded horrendous price for him. 30 y.o = not worth it.

utd have been linked with ronaldo, bale, muller, ibrahimovic, cavani, higuain, pedro, benzema, pogba, hummels, ramos, kane and countless others, i'd take it all with a pinch of salt m'self.

If I were United fan I would feel offended when I would hear that my club is interested in Higuain.

Yet you have people who argue that he's world class striker, because "he has consistent scoring record." Doesn't matter he's in Italian league (Luca Toni, Di Natale are scoring ridiculous amouts considering their age and teams) or that he fucks up every big match. Here's the discussion if you guys wanna kill some time - http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/english-football/69388-liverpool-thread-1995.html#post2774220

I swear, most fans are so stupid re:transfers and just jump the hypetrain. If the club is linked with big name player in media, suddenly he's exactly what the club needs, there are no better options and manager is idiot if he doesn't sign him and so on. Get your own opinion ffs.

to be fair i think higuain would be a perfectly fine signing as a backup striker. he's not gonna be leading anyone to a title, but there aren't many teams with better strikers on their bench.

But is spending 30 or 40 millions for a backup striker a reasonable move? Sometimes I feel Manchester teams have too much money and they become more and more profligate each season.