UM fantasy premier league 2015/2016 (SOCCER)

Never gonna win the title (or CL lol) with AW as a manager. Fans that thought that "this year is the year" are delusional tbh. We are still a couple of players away, injury problems must be dealt with, no just "it's because our playing style", the style of play must be slightly changed, and of course tactics greatly enhanced. I still hope we get Klopp one day, imagine our technically gifted players moving the ball with Dortumnd's pace.

i don't know if it was just because he was a modern manager in an old fashioned time, but arguably the best two teams in premier league history were both wenger's (i say this as a utd fan), and folks should never forget that. but yeah... when the game and the silverware starts to run away from you, it's probably time to move on. that said, i do think you could challenge for the title IF your best XI stayed fit, but that's just never likely to happen with arsenal. and you really need a striker.

i don't know if it was just because he was a modern manager in an old fashioned time, but arguably the best two teams in premier league history were both wenger's (i say this as a utd fan), and folks should never forget that. but yeah... when the game and the silverware starts to run away from you, it's probably time to move on. that said, i do think you could challenge for the title IF your best XI stayed fit, but that's just never likely to happen with arsenal. and you really need a striker.

Don't get me wrong, Arsene deserves credit for what he did at Arsenal. Invincibles was a great team, he got us into the CL final and won quite a few trophies. After that, managed to get us into CL on tight budget and still play nice football. However, for the past few years, the club has stalled. It's not really about trophies. Football played is not that nice anymore. We're seeing the same mistakes over and over and that's the most frustrating thing. The club needs fresh blood. Maybe we'll fare better, maybe worse, but atleast it won't be the same thing over and over.

Arsene just don't know when to step down. Arrigo Sacchi was great manager, and arguably revolutionized football. Nobody would say he's a bad manager, but he's just four years older than Wenger and haven't managed any team for 14 years, simply because his time has passed.

BTW I'm actually first in our league? Seems Chelsea and Arsenal screwed everybody. I expected to be last. But I played triple captain, I thought that I can use one chip every week :cool: I should have read the rules.

haha who did you captain?

stoke is my local team btw so i have an affinity with them. amazing to see the heights they've hit now. mid-table looks really strong this year.

Scott Dann. I like to play it risky, more exciting than making Hazard/Costa/Rooney a captain. He has 2 points I think so it wasn't all that bad, but I could've used it better later in the season.

Don't forget the first match of the weekend is today, so make changes until 18:45 CET I think.

Also, I didn't know you were from UK dude. Where do you live currently?

i live near crewe, about 20-30 mins from stoke, 45 from manchester. most people round here are stoke fans though.

utd were painful to watch last night, but at least we're defending well! rooney is a joke though atm :(

He said Stoke is his local team...

My bad. Don't know why but I though he meant he used to live there...

i live near crewe, about 20-30 mins from stoke, 45 from manchester. most people round here are stoke fans though.

utd were painful to watch last night, but at least we're defending well! rooney is a joke though atm :(

I hate your ability to grind out results, because it's so important. Fergie in his late years mastered it, and ofcourse there was Fergie Time :)

Last edited by a moderator:
United are so pathetically lucky. And what's more, it was Januzaj to save them from boring draw against a team which is going to fight not to be relegated. A guy who didn't score any goal last season. I like him though. My Spurs were joke too. Fuck, it was an awful play after we scored 2 goals. I am disappointed.

it was a bad utd performance but i wouldn't call it lucky really, the goal was the one moment of excellence in the game and we were resilient at the other end. it's not like we won from a dodgy ref decision or villa dominated and hit the post a bunch of times or something. i can see a lot of misery for us against the big teams though. it's very obvious to me we need a midfield three of schneiderlin, schweinsteiger and herrera/mata.

I guess Mata is a kind of player who can alter the game drastically in one moment. His flair is impressive. I think that he is not a type of player who should sit on bench.

Re - fantasy football - I'm gonna give Costa and Kane one more week to start scoring, so far Troy fucking Deeney brought me more points than those two. I also had to overhaul my defense a bit, cause two players who I thought would be starters weren't.

I guess Mata is a kind of player who can alter the game drastically in one moment. His flair is impressive. I think that he is not a type of player who should sit on bench.

i love mata but he's not a wide player, we look really unbalanced with him out there. i saw an average positions chart against villa and mata was tucked in and deeper than schneiderlin while memphis on the other side was more advanced than rooney lol.