UMOS Interest in 80's Rock

I do have a copy of the L.A. Guns demos, love them! I also have the Hollywood Rose demos! You know next time I'm in the big city I will have to pick up a used copy of something by Jet Boy. I just got a copy of the Bang Tango Ain't No Jive Live E.P. Import version. You can find some great deals on Out of Print stuff on Half.com.

do the demo's for l.a. guns sound that different than the versions released on self titled? i'm referring to the demo's with phil lewis not with paul black. if the phile lewis versions are the ones you have did it come with that bonus disc of stuff with the second singer from 1985? i have the paul black demo's cd. are you talking about the hollywood rose demo's cd that has 5 songs on it but 3 different versions? i've been meaning to get that one, its called roots of guns n roses or something like that.

i have tons of bang tango stuff. dillinger sounds like tattoo rodeo or sister whiskey if you've ever heard of those 2 bands. if not then think of the black crowes but mixed with hair metal.

jetboy i recommend the cd lost and found. it has demo's from 1986-1993 so you get to hear the progression of the band. the ones they did between 1991 and 1993 are better than any officially released material as long as you like heavier music. i can't believe MCA records dropped them and no one would pick them up. lemmy from motorhead does background vocals on a track and reads some poem also. jetboy have 2 official albums on MCA and 4 cds of unreleased songs and demo's. after 2007 they will have 5 because billy rowe said another cd of unreleased stuff is coming out as well as a newly rerecorded version of the feel the shake album because MCA will not release the rights to the original

do the demo's for l.a. guns sound that different than the versions released on self titled? i'm referring to the demo's with phil lewis not with paul black. if the phile lewis versions are the ones you have did it come with that bonus disc of stuff with the second singer from 1985? i have the paul black demo's cd. are you talking about the hollywood rose demo's cd that has 5 songs on it but 3 different versions? i've been meaning to get that one, its called roots of guns n roses or something like that.

i have tons of bang tango stuff. dillinger sounds like tattoo rodeo or sister whiskey if you've ever heard of those 2 bands. if not then think of the black crowes but mixed with hair metal.

jetboy i recommend the cd lost and found. it has demo's from 1986-1993 so you get to hear the progression of the band. the ones they did between 1991 and 1993 are better than any officially released material as long as you like heavier music. i can't believe MCA records dropped them and no one would pick them up. lemmy from motorhead does background vocals on a track and reads some poem also. jetboy have 2 official albums on MCA and 4 cds of unreleased songs and demo's. after 2007 they will have 5 because billy rowe said another cd of unreleased stuff is coming out as well as a newly rerecorded version of the feel the shake album because MCA will not release the rights to the original

I have the demos with Paul Black. I had no idea there was a version with Phil Lewis. I'll have to check out some of the Jet Boy picks then. As for the Hollywood Rose demos it's like you said three versions of the same demos. For some reason the label threw in solos by Tracii Guns and then solos with Gilby Clarke none of which were every members of Hollywood Rose?!:lol:

I have the demos with Paul Black. I had no idea there was a version with Phil Lewis. I'll have to check out some of the Jet Boy picks then. As for the Hollywood Rose demos it's like you said three versions of the same demos. For some reason the label threw in solos by Tracii Guns and then solos with Gilby Clarke none of which were every members of Hollywood Rose?!:lol:

is that hollywood rose cd worth getting? yeah neither of them were ever in hollywodd rose but at least axl was the original singer for l.a. guns in 1984 and tracii was the original guitar player for guns n roses. all gilby clarke did was tour with GNR and do that covers album. i think at the time gilby was in a band called candy then formed the band kills for thrills before joining GNR.

yeah the demo cd with phil is called hollywood raw it has every song from the self titled plus like 5 songs not on there like soho and phil singing winter's fool. they give you a bonus cd of an e.p. from 1985 featuring the singer mike who was between axl and paul black.

yeah the singer from vain reminds me of a less talented singer from kik tracee if you've ever heard of them.

is that hollywood rose cd worth getting? yeah neither of them were ever in hollywodd rose but at least axl was the original singer for l.a. guns in 1984 and tracii was the original guitar player for guns n roses. all gilby clarke did was tour with GNR and do that covers album. i think at the time gilby was in a band called candy then formed the band kills for thrills before joining GNR.

yeah the demo cd with phil is called hollywood raw it has every song from the self titled plus like 5 songs not on there like soho and phil singing winter's fool. they give you a bonus cd of an e.p. from 1985 featuring the singer mike who was between axl and paul black.

yeah the singer from vain reminds me of a less talented singer from kik tracee if you've ever heard of them.

You should really come to my second home www.metalsludge.tv/ and go over to the gossip board which is where they discuss music 80's Rock and Metal, as well as current stuff...

Anyway, is the disc worth getting?! No. There's nothing of value there. Wasn't it the other way around T. Guns was in Guns n' Roses then split and formed L.A. Guns?! He was the "Guns" in Gn'R... Also Sixx fact of the day, did you know Tracii Guns was one of the dancers in Michael Jackson's "Beat It" music video?! You might be able to find it on You Tube play it, just please turn the volume down, you'll be able to see him, he's the break dancer, if I recall....
Vain, like i said I never got into them, I did however listen to Kik Tracee, I think their fate was sealed when Dana Strum discovered them. Had it been let's say Gene Simmons they would have had more credibility, same with Sister Whiskey, they had that Dana Strum connection...

You should really come to my second home www.metalsludge.tv/ and go over to the gossip board which is where they discuss music 80's Rock and Metal, as well as current stuff...

Anyway, is the disc worth getting?! No. There's nothing of value there. Wasn't it the other way around T. Guns was in Guns n' Roses then split and formed L.A. Guns?! He was the "Guns" in Gn'R... Also Sixx fact of the day, did you know Tracii Guns was one of the dancers in Michael Jackson's "Beat It" music video?! You might be able to find it on You Tube play it, just please turn the volume down, you'll be able to see him, he's the break dancer, if I recall....
Vain, like i said I never got into them, I did however listen to Kik Tracee, I think their fate was sealed when Dana Strum discovered them. Had it been let's say Gene Simmons they would have had more credibility, same with Sister Whiskey, they had that Dana Strum connection...

as far as i know l.a. guns formed in 1984 with axl and tracii and i think ole beich and rob garner. axl left and they got mike and recorded an e.p. somewhere in 1985 the merged the 2 bands but later tracii and rob were fired and ole quit because his friends were fired for missing a show. tracii and rob regrouped as l.a. guns with paul black then rob became a guitar player and nickey joined. i think on metal sludge its has the whole history of l.a. guns lineups.

i love sister whiskey but the singer from tattoo rodeo blows him away. i love kik tracee too. the singer from kik tracee auditioned for velvet revolver before they got scott weiland

ever heard of sweet fa?

as far as i know l.a. guns formed in 1984 with axl and tracii and i think ole beich and rob garner. axl left and they got mike and recorded an e.p. somewhere in 1985 the merged the 2 bands but later tracii and rob were fired and ole quit because his friends were fired for missing a show. tracii and rob regrouped as l.a. guns with paul black then rob became a guitar player and nickey joined. i think on metal sludge its has the whole history of l.a. guns lineups.

i love sister whiskey but the singer from tattoo rodeo blows him away. i love kik tracee too. the singer from kik tracee auditioned for velvet revolver before they got scott weiland

ever heard of sweet fa?

Yes, I have heard of Sweet F.A. good rock band from Indiana if I recall, the singer was outstanding! Another band from that era was Cold Sweat which featured Marc Ferrari from Keel...

Fuck all this Guns and Roses and Rockstarsupernova bullshit. Where's the love for Triumph?

A buddy of mine played Progressions of Power a few months ago and that made me dust off my copy of Allied Forces. Oh. My. God. I had forgotten how great Triumph really was. Heavy and melodic, with excellent songwriting. Rik Emmett is one of my fave guitar players of old. If anyone out there is missing out on Triumph, check out any of their albums in the late 70s, early 80s. They had a stretch of good/great albums during this time period.

Just got done watching them perform at the US Festival (1983) on DVD. Again, I am reminded of how great they were. Your collection isn't complete without a little Triumph in it.

Fuck all this Guns and Roses and Rockstarsupernova bullshit. Where's the love for Triumph?

A buddy of mine played Progressions of Power a few months ago and that made me dust off my copy of Allied Forces. Oh. My. God. I had forgotten how great Triumph really was. Heavy and melodic, with excellent songwriting. Rik Emmett is one of my fave guitar players of old. If anyone out there is missing out on Triumph, check out any of their albums in the late 70s, early 80s. They had a stretch of good/great albums during this time period.

Just got done watching them perform at the US Festival (1983) on DVD. Again, I am reminded of how great they were. Your collection isn't complete without a little Triumph in it.

Bullshit?! Bullshit?! It's a matter of opinion don't you think?!
As for Triumph?! Didn't like them. I'll leave it at that.

Yes, I have heard of Sweet F.A. good rock band from Indiana if I recall, the singer was outstanding! Another band from that era was Cold Sweat which featured Marc Ferrari from Keel...

the singer from sweet f.a. reminds me of david lee roth. their 2nd album is hard to get. yeah cold sweat is good but again hard to get. also a band called cry wolf was pretty good

the singer from sweet f.a. reminds me of david lee roth. their 2nd album is hard to get. yeah cold sweat is good but again hard to get. also a band called cry wolf was pretty good

I faintly recall Cry Wolf...
The name anyway.
You ever get into:
Johnny Law...
Heaven's Edge...
Jailhouse...
And yes the singer, who's name escapes me did have a dead ringer for Roth.
Speaking of Roth...
Did you ever listen to Roxy Blue?! More or less a Van Halen
rip-off, but they did a brilliant version of The Who's Squeeze Box... Their big hit was "Rock the Cradle" which in it's self is a Van Halen rip-off!!!!:lol:

I faintly recall Cry Wolf...
The name anyway.
You ever get into:
Johnny Law...
Heaven's Edge...
Jailhouse...
And yes the singer, who's name escapes me did have a dead ringer for Roth.
Speaking of Roth...
Did you ever listen to Roxy Blue?! More or less a Van Halen
rip-off, but they did a brilliant version of The Who's Squeeze Box... Their big hit was "Rock the Cradle" which in it's self is a Van Halen rip-off!!!!:lol:

johnny law is awesome best song is when we get old or maybe its called we all get old. its like almost the last song on the cd. the only have 1 album right?

heaven's edge and jailhouse are hard to get cd's so i haven't listened to anything yet by them.

roxy blue was fantastic. i think jani lane from warrant discovered them. i thought there biggest hit was a song called luv on me or love on me however it was spelled. anyways i have apromo copy of there album WANT SOME and they are a favorite of mine. the singer todd poole was the original drummer for the band saliva but after the recorded their first album around 1997 he quit