Unblessing The Purity Review

The Pale Dying One

New Metal Member
Feb 14, 2008
Unknown
Blasting the Virginborn - good open with a really kick ass guitar solo sounds like something off of RTC Mikes voice sounds better then ever

Weak Aside - The solo is pretty good Per is a excellent addition to the band and you will be banging your head to this song.

Blasting the Virginborn - Mike sure does sound evil as hell some of the best work on the album yet another WTF solo

Mouth of Empty Praise - Another head banging song about 1 50 into the song you will be banging your head again another good solo and has flys buzzing around to someone chanting to end the cd

All and All short and sweet more meldoic than other Bloodbath albums but the best that Bloodbath have done :headbang:

The solos on this thing are awesome. It is cool to hear some melody in here with flashes of shred. The solos really fit with the music and that to me, is the best part.

Mikes vocals are absolutely crushing. Holy shit.

Not too big a fan of the solo in Blasting the Virginborn, but MAN!!!!!!! this was worth the wait...... My favorite album in a LOOOOONG time. But it'll take some time to see if it surpasses RTC for my fav album of all time. And the intro to sick salvation is.......SICK!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry tumn......I have the cd on order but I couldn't wait a week before hearing the whole thing when I could just pay 4 bucks to get it NOW. Plus it's more money to the band. I can't wait to see the full artwork tho.

I have the cd on order but I couldn't wait a week before hearing the whole thing when I could just pay 4 bucks to get it NOW. Plus it's more money to the band. I can't wait to see the full artwork tho.

I agree. I was going to wait but its $4 bucks to hear it right now for a few days until I can hear it in all its CD quality glory.

"$4 bucks to hear it right now" Itunes? ill just wait for the cd to arrive in my mailbox....

-[chop]-;7045296 said:
"$4 bucks to hear it right now" Itunes? ill just wait for the cd to arrive in my mailbox....

lol, i have the cd coming in too, but it's been about a year now since I've been waiting...i think it's warranted. By the way, it's AWESOME!

unblessing the purity is fucking sick! different feel from ressurection and nightmares. Mouth of Empty Praise is my favorite of the EP so far!

-Aaron:headbang:

Good production and good vocals. The music is performed well. The problem for me is that I can't remember the songs after hearing them several times. Kind of ordinary and pretty boring sounding death metal. I miss songs like Eaten or Like Fire that you remember. 3/5 (I only give it 3 becasue Mike sings very good on this) Maybe I need to listen more...

Kind of agree with the last poster.. Doesn't seem quite as memorable.
But Axe's playing on this is A-fucking-1! Great addition to the band.
Also Mike's vocals are as awesome as ever.
Crazy solos are a nice addition too.

Good production and good vocals. The music is performed well. The problem for me is that I can't remember the songs after hearing them several times. Kind of ordinary and pretty boring sounding death metal. I miss songs like Eaten or Like Fire that you remember. 3/5 (I only give it 3 becasue Mike sings very good on this) Maybe I need to listen more...
I agree with this. I've only heard it once so far, though...

I think I still like RTC better, but I'm VERY happy with it. About the not memorable post - Mouth of Empty Praise has been stuck in my head for the last 10 hours.

"Weak Aside > Mouth of Empty Praise > Sick Salvation > Blasting The Virginborn for me after two listens."

My thoughts exactly. I thought Blasting the Virginborn would be the best too, just cause the name is hella tight. :p