Uncle Moe's Space Ranch

ElPredicador

Yeah... Whatever
Jul 27, 2002
Santiago, Chile
I just got my hands on "Uncle Moe's Space Ranch", by Brett Garsed, T.J. Helmerich, Gary Wilis, Scott Kinsey and Dennis Chambers.
I've been listening to it for the first time and I can say that this is certainly a good album.
It mixes jazz fusion with rock as no band i've heard before (although Gary and Scott make their presence highly noticeable, sometimes resembling Tribal Tech), I really recommend you to listen to it if you haven't. And if you have, and didn't like it... go listen it again and like it!!:)

Its a great album.....Brett and TJ are an awesome complimentary guitar duo.

If you like that album you should check out Greg Howe/Victor Wooten/Dennis Chambers-Extraction.

Hey Taliwakker are you saying that if you like Extraction then you will like Uncle Moe's Space Ranch because Extraction is so awesome.

I'm a big Willis and Chambers fan and while I think they kick the almighty ass on this disk Scott Kinsey really stands out. While he's not the most "technically proficient" keyboard player in the world he comes up with some of the weirdest/coolest aural concoctions. :cool:

I absolutely love Uncle Moe's. Bret is Australia's best guitarist along with Mr. Gambale (and Chris Brooks :p) and he is so cool to me when i email him. I love how this album is very 'jammy' yet it doesnt go off to wanksville as many fusion albums do. I just love the atmosphere. Yes the New Greg Howe album extraction is also very cool, Greg's best, and worth checking out. If you like these fusion 'supergroup' kinda things you should also check out Vital Tech Tones (Scott Henderson/Victor Wooten/Steve Smith) and GHS "Show me what you can do" (Frank Gambale/Stu Hamm/Steve Smith)

Yeah, that sucked! Buddy Hayden was the guys name. I got Andrew from melodicrock.com to mention it in his news for me after I heard about it on Brett's Yahoo group. The headline was "Brett Garsed and the Buddy who aint his buddy" :lol:

yeah that sucked. Aparently that guy or someone else was doing it to Ritchie Kotzen too (i think i heard somewhere)