Uni results...

Now that I think about it, you had better jot down "not going to uni" as another regret in that "survey not started by Spiffo" thread. I sometimes think about going, but a) I can't afford it and b) I don't know what I'd do.

pfft who pays for degree's now days?

HECS baby. You never even know your paying for it the deduction is so small...like 6% or something once you earn a certain amount.

The only whore is the 200 odd dollar student fee's each year (see my first post)

Last year I was late in paying my General Service Fee ($112) in second semester, and instead of even sending me a reminder telling me it was due, they just fined me $200 on top of the fee which had to be paid immediately or I'd lose enrolment lol.

I just got an email back from my Media Production teacher and he asked me to email him a copy of the missing assignment so hopefully he'll mark that (even just a crap score) and fix up my grade.

I finished uni in June last year, but earlier this year Deakin Uni gave me the Australian Institute of Management Prize for being 'the best student in the bachelor of commerce (management major) at Deakin Burwood in 2001'. Hehe tell me I wasn't rapt (and surprised!).

I'll find out in a few days whether Melb Uni have accepted me for honours, and sometime later I guess whether Deakin have.

You're a psycho, Coops, doing your PhD. My Dad did his, and it took him bloody ages. Do you enjoy research?

Thanks. :)

I just meant that he'd have to be a glutton for punishment for undertaking all that work! Great thing to do though, if you can handle it.

Originally posted by Winmar
You're a psycho, Coops, doing your PhD. My Dad did his, and it took him bloody ages. Do you enjoy research?

It can be fun... but it can suck. Having a supervisor who does more to slow you down than help you is a bit of a pain... but it's cool when you blow up $10,000 turbopumps!!!! :D

Good work, 7th Son! Big relief?

What does the supervisor do to slow you down? Prick! How long will the whole thing take, and how long have you been at it so far?

What's a turbopup? Scooby Doo on steroids? Oh I see, turbopuMMMMp.

Well my supervisor is a pedantic, interfering old bastard who doesn't really know what he's talking about. It slows me down by each time I have a talk to him about my work I have to explain everything from the beginning... and even then he doesn't quite understand so he'll latch on to some minor unimportant detail that he does understandand make a huge deal out of it.

I will have been doing it for 3 years in Feb... hope to be finished by the end of next year. A turbopump is a bit like a jet engine. It has lots of rows of fans inside that whizz around really fast and which creates a vacuum. Only problem is when the bearings of the fans start failing the blades have a tendency to collide into each other at very high speed... and kinda blow up. My destroyed turbopump is sitting at uni as a show piece now hahaha... I should take a picture of it really.

:D

I've technically finished all my subjects and lectures and all that stuff now, rather pleased with it all. I won't tell you my GPA because you'll all call me a nerd or something worse :D

Now I just gotta sort out what the hell I'm doing next year for Honours...it never ends I tells ya.

Bloody hell, all these smart people! I can pat my head AND rub my stomach at the same time you know.