Unique Black Metal

Triton

In Solitude
Apr 30, 2007
Ontario, Canada
Give me black metal that's really unique, like Ne Obliviscaris and Wolven Ancestry. Don't post bands like Emperor or Satyricon though (or Drudkh). Thanks.

Tvangeste! :p

Ermmm... Wolves in the Throne Room
Bal-Sagoth are... interesting. Incredibly epic.
Ephel Duath are good.
Graveworm have a nice melodic sound, but aren't really very technical, although Stefan Fiori sounds amazing.

I REALLY recommend Obtained Enslavement. Good luck finding a copy of any of their records though, they don't have an official site and share the name of a Gorgoroth album. But they are SO good.

Profundi... :kickass:

that's all I can think of for now.

^Bal-Sagoth are great! Pretty damn unique too.

Ordinul Negru (Ordinary Negro lol)
Svartsyn
Rodovest
Necros Christos
You probably already know Negura Bunget, not sure how obscure they are, but great shit nonetheless

Belenos - Errances Oniriques
Belenos - Spicilège
Sacramentum - Far Away From The Sun
Taake

I REALLY recommend Obtained Enslavement. Good luck finding a copy of any of their records though, they don't have an official site and share the name of a Gorgoroth album. But they are SO good.

:erk:

Did you mean they share(d) a member of Gorgoroth? (Pest)

As far as I'm aware, that's where the similarities between the bands end. I second the recommendation, nonetheless. Their first three albums are excellent.

yeah, obtained enslavement is good. not really sure theyre totally unique though.

anyways, i'm gonna say negura bunget, which seems to be a trend for me on this board
~gR~

:erk:

Did you mean they share(d) a member of Gorgoroth? (Pest)

As far as I'm aware, that's where the similarities between the bands end. I second the recommendation, nonetheless. Their first three albums are excellent.

Hmm. Funny, that. I could have sworn they had an album called 'Something Obtained Enslavement'

Ignore me in future.