UNIVERSAL pre-sale

Son of a bitch, just got an email from The Omega Order today saying my download for Universal was available. What the fuck? I thought I was supposed to get the physical cd and shirt in the bundle. Fucking bullshit. Still waiting on the shirt to ship too. I am mad as hell right now.

Like I said, I'm not ordering anything from Omega anymore until it says "in stock" :D

My band just self-released an album (see the link below), we put it up on bandcamp. It's a site which facilitates selling music online. When we sell a physical album, the customer immediately gets a free high-quality mp3 (or ogg, or flac, or apple lossless) download, including the booklet. Long live the digital age...

Son of a bitch, just got an email from The Omega Order today saying my download for Universal was available. What the fuck? I thought I was supposed to get the physical cd and shirt in the bundle. Fucking bullshit. Still waiting on the shirt to ship too. I am mad as hell right now.

Calm down, buddy. You obviously didn't read the description too well while ordering. By pre-ordering the physical CD and t-shirt from the end, you will also get a link for a digital copy of the album on its release date. Pretty good deal if you ask me. I'm sure your stuff will ship soon.

You do. I ordered the exact same thing.

You get the CD + T-shirt when the Postal Gods deem you worthy. On top of that, you get the download today, which is the release date for Universal in North America.

Personally, I'm OK with the compromise. We can at least listen to the music while the physical copy is en route. It is OK - they will come soon :headbang:

Alright, so The End made it into the digital era. That's cool :)

As for some of my problems, they made big increases in shipping prices and then they introduced ordering when an item is not available. Some item said "pending arrival" and i ended up waiting for a really long time, and they wouldn't let me change my order or anything like that. I thought what the hell, just sent me another cd and get it over with... cancelling would have meant losing much of the shipping money.

Well I checked the site right after I received the email and it says digital rather than cd in the description. Hopefully we do get both.

Granted, I could've read it wrong since I had just woken up (interrupted) from a nap, hence my general irritability on the subject haha.

Alright, so The End made it into the digital era. That's cool :)

As for some of my problems, they made big increases in shipping prices and then they introduced ordering when an item is not available. Some item said "pending arrival" and i ended up waiting for a really long time, and they wouldn't let me change my order or anything like that. I thought what the hell, just sent me another cd and get it over with... cancelling would have meant losing much of the shipping money.

Even if The Omega has the best year-end sales ever, their service has become a lot worse. It's like with Toyota, they got too big too fast, lowering quality standards in the process.

That's why uneXpect isn't with The End anymore *hint hint*.

hm, the only thing I ever bought there, is Solefald's Black For Death sometime in fall 2006 iirc. Shipping to Europe was very cheap, and they sent it out earlier than the actual release date so I got it in time :)

That's why uneXpect isn't with The End anymore *hint hint*.

They're not? Who did they sign to (except Ascendance for Europe obviously)?

Agalloch also left The End.

I also heard some stuff about Green Carnation being dissatisfied with them after that horrible tour, but I can't say I know the full story or anything.

Long live the digital age...
Be damned the digital age... and digital albums and digital booklets. :puke: Digital and self-releases is good only for unknown shit artists. :heh:
I love physical discs and booklets, I love the fresh smell of paper print and paint. :cool: Long live CD, LP and I wait new 24/192 hi-resolution physical formats as SACD or DVD-Audio! :worship:

So, I got my shirt-CD package.

I haven't had a chance to listen to the CD yet (I know, I know...), but here's a quick review of the shirt. I like it! The big dragon on front is indeed big, and has a lot of detail. The overall effect is that it looks like a wood cut out. The logo is the new one, and it's small and on the back. I like the design of shirt because I can wear it to places like work (where I don't feel comfortable wearing metal shirts sometimes) because it doesn't look like a stereotypical 'metal shirt'. (I also love my Tyr band shirts for the same reason.) The only bad thing is that it's a 50/50 cotton/polyester blend, which doesn't make for the most comfortable of shirts. But I'm finally glad to have more than one Borky shirt, especially since my Empiricism shirt now has a small hole in it.

Bah, The Omega Order has sent me TWO emails saying they've processed my other orders and sent the packages (which I received) after saying they processed my Borknagar order, which still hasn't shipped. And my copy of Windir -1184 that showed up doesn't have the full booklet, it's just the cover so it only has the first and last pages.