Unmissable Shows List

Yeah he cancelled. I was listening to nova on the way to work a few weeks back and they had an interview with Tommy Lee (becuase he was in town foe that rockstar supernova show) and they asked what the other people in crue are doing. Tommy said Vince has gone back to rehab? I dont know how much stock to put into anything that Lee says, but that could be the unforseen circumstances of why the tour was cancelled.

Either that or poor ticket sales heh. Either way I was fucking excited to see the show then bummed when he cancelled.

Exposed = brilliant album.

Re: Porcupine Tree, I think i got a one track promo of theirs at home. Sounded fairly decent, I'd never heard of them before, do they fit any particular genre style?

!

Depends what album really. They really are a mixture of progressive rock, psychedelia, ambient, adult contemporary pop, metal etc.

The last two albums 'In Abentia' and 'Deadwing' are their heaviest and their upcoming album 'Fear Of A Blank Planet' is apparently along the same lines. The earlier stuff is very ambient-Pink Floyd/Marillion/King Crimson-inspired brilliance as well.

They are a hard band to pigeon hole.

I hope everyone who's interested noticed that Alice Cooper is touring in July. Anyone going? I am.

I was about to post about this, actually. Hadn't seen any mention of it here.

To be honest I only know his really big hits. The only album of his I've actually heard is Trash. Still, I'd like to see him in concert some time.

I wish I'd gone back in 2001 down at the Gold Coast with Paul Rodgers as the support act. Unfortunately that was the night after Kiss's final ever concert and I wasn't interested in going down the coast two nights in a row. And I didn't really know who Paul Rodgers was then either (that was before I started getting into classic rock).

He mostly plays the big hits anyway, plus some songs off the latest album, so you'd be ok if you went along. Pick up A Fistful of Alice sometime, which is a cool live album of his. You should go see him this time, in case he doesn't return.

I went in 2001. 'twas really good. Paul Rodgers was good too. I didn't really know his stuff, but knew him because my dad listens to Bad Company.

MARDUK will march across Australia in support of their tenth studio album, Rom 5:12, in August. 17 years, ten album releases and dozens of European tours later, the band will head Down Under for six dates:

August 13 – Perth, Australia @ Amplifier Bar
August 16 – Adelaide, Australia @ Fowlers Live
August 17 – Melbourne, Australia @ Hi-Fi Bar and Ballroom
August 19 - Melbourne, Australia @ Hi-Fi Bar and Ballroom (U-18’s only)
August 22 – Brisbane, Australia @ Phoenix Club
August 24 – Sydney, Australia @ The Factory

Though I doubt most of you guys are big fans, I really liked their early works and went as far as getting one of their abulm covers tattooed on my arm. So I'll be there, even though I havent heard their new stuff and there's only one original member left, hah!

I haven't heard Marduk since Jeff Rule used to play them!

I think I'll have to go see Napalm Death. Haven't seen Blood Duster in years either.

I wish I'd gone to that. If the show was in a couple of weeks, when I'll have been paid...... What was the crowd like?

I wish I'd gone to that. If the show was in a couple of weeks, when I'll have been paid...... What was the crowd like?

Not bad actually. There actually seemed to be more support for decapitated though, which was intersting.

It was by no means sold out, prolly 3-400 people, which for Adelaide on a Wed night is decent, also considering that they were here like a year ago.

They played a couple of new songs as well which sounded typically Nile broodal :kickass:

Yeh pretty much. I think Dark tranquility and Suffocation had similar numbers, Deicide and satyricon a bit more. But yeh 400 would be at the upper quartile of attendances; of course your slayer's and opeth's draw larger crowds as you'd expect.

Nile were good at what they do. They're tight, heavy, love all the vocals mixing together and great crowd interaction but what was with all that soundtrack music before they played. It drove me round the twist.

I'm not the biggest Nile fan but it made me interested in hearing some of their more recent stuff. Decapitated did have a good crowd reaction but Nile was definitely the ones everyone came to see. I was pretty close to the front so Im judding by crowd reaction. Decapitated hit the mark with the finale, everyone went ape-shit, made me think they shouldve played more from Nihility.

Sodom in two weeks, this no doubt, will be the highlight of my concert year! Sux it had to be a Monday though....

That's twice I've missed Nile now. Don't listen to them a heap, but would like to see them at some stage.

What were Satyricon like again? Got their new-ish album the other week. It's a bit of a strange one.

Satyricon were awesome; best show I've ever seen aside from Slayer. Their new albums are fairly shit; you need dark medieval times, the shadowthrone and nemesis divina, thats all really.

Satyricon were very mechanical in the sense it was simply a matter of "get up and play the songs and bang your head" but they played them well. Very rock star like, little crowd interaction and it didnt help that I got thrown out just before the last song when I attempted to get on the stage to do a dive for old times sake - yes I was pretty drunk! I did enjoy the show but at the same time found it disappointing, there was no real stage show or black metal trimmings but they played an excellent list.

I was front row for Nile getting minced at the fence and loving every minute! I got a pick and a handshake. It was a tops show.

I have ticket to Heaven and Hell, and really looking forward to the supposed Dream Theater and Iron Maiden shows.

It's great to see so many bands coming out. Things are a lot better in that respect than they were 5 years ago, even if tickets often cost a lot more now.