NYC/NJ area metal shows, coming up

anyone want to head out to this show in Brooklyn? ... lots of old school thrash bands :kickass:

WORLD_WAR_IV_FINAL_DRAFT_w_EARLY_MA.jpg

Gugs claims he's making an appearance at this Saturday's SX show at Starland. On working on JK. Hey lurch... any chance you'd make trip?

By the way, Enslaved in November. Sounds like a definite RC gathering.

Zod

hava a bbq to go to Saturday ... otherwise I would come. Starving for a night out with the fellas ... becoming too domesticated.

BTW ... where's the Wacken report? how was it????

/\ Pretty much agreed. Like Zod said it will all come out in the report, but there were some factors already bringing it down before going in (such as the lineup not really being a good one for anyone in our group except me) as well as unknown factors bringing it down after going in (I got extremely sick for much of the festival which totally sucked, the field conditions were deplorable due to recent giant rainstorms which made walking around very uncomfortable and many other factors that we'll be sure to go into greater detail on).

There were plenty of cool factors as well, but not enough to bring the experience up to the level we were all hoping for. Still plenty of fun to be had though. :kickass:

Jason

The Gates Of Slumber and Centurions Ghost:

(August) Monday 20th NYC, NY The Club Midway W/ She Wolf

Gates of Slumber....I can't quite figure them out:

It's either

(a)music to want to blow your fucking head off to in boredom. Plodding crap that goes nowhere

(b)spaced out weirdness which, under the right conditions, may be a sight and sound to behold in total awe

More NYC shows...

Thursday 9/6 - Katatonia, Scar Symmetry, Insomnium, Swallow The Sun. 8:00PM @ BB Kings.

Thursday 9/20 - Finntroll. 8:00PM @ BB Kings.

Sunday 10/14 - Dark Funeral, Naglfar, Daath

Sunday 10/21 - Overkill. 8:00PM @ BB Kings.

Thursday 11/8 - Enslaved, Arsis, Agonist. 8:00PM @ BB Kings.

Tuesday 4/1 & Wednesday 4/2 - King Diamond & Kreator. 8:00PM @ BB Kings.

Zod

More NYC shows...

Thursday 9/6 - Katatonia, Scar Symmetry, Insomnium, Swallow The Sun. 8:00PM @ BB Kings.

Sounds good. Worth it for Insomnium alone.

Tuesday 4/1 & Wednesday 4/2 - King Diamond & Kreator. 8:00PM @ BB Kings.

Absolute no brainer....

....even though King Diamond's new album is a turd. Good news is that his live sets are 50% Abigail anyway.