Unsatisfied by sm57 on guitar cab

interesting to see you posted the last hatesphere as an example for organic tone hehe. it's certainly kickass and very dense but not exactly organic to me....whatever.
guitars on that album were rectifier and 5150 iirc. no info on mics though, actually it would be really cool if anyone could share some stuff about tue madsen. while tends to overprocess, he always gets very modern and dense mixes. love him.

Make sure that your SM57 it is a real Shure SM57, some people are selling fake 57 s on ebay, and as a second pair you can experiment with an SM7b to, In Flames used them as a second pair, You can t go wrong with the Royer 121 if you can afford it ,lot of people recomend 421 and so do i, but if you are looking for a more organic , not so focused sound i sugest to experiment blending a close miced 57 with a condenser in a good room away from the walls and try many positions with the condenser even the back of the cab :)

interesting to see you posted the last hatesphere as an example for organic tone hehe. it's certainly kickass and very dense but not exactly organic to me....whatever.
guitars on that album were rectifier and 5150 iirc. no info on mics though, actually it would be really cool if anyone could share some stuff about tue madsen. while tends to overprocess, he always gets very modern and dense mixes. love him.

Eheh...probably the word "organic" can mean different things...but you're right, it's dense and what I mean for organic is "NOT sterile and edgy".
His usual setup is sm57 and AKG c414 but I don't know which cab he used on last hatesphere...seems a marshall 1960 but I'm not sure.
Anyway it was only an example. I don't wanna copy his sound but only know how I can improve the sm57 sound with another mic and get a more dense sound :)

@laszlozsolt82: Yeah I have 2 real sm57, bought from Thomann....my first 57 was a fake bought on ebay.

Check the hatesphere official forum, most of the time they share a lot of details about the making of each album.