Unsung Heroes - does anyone read this section?

JayKeeley

Be still, O wand'rer!
Apr 26, 2002
www.royalcarnage.com
I'm curious. How interested are you guys in reading about unsigned band promos in our Unsung Heroes section?

From our perspective, we'll do what we can to support the unsigned legions. One band in particular, Exit to Eternity is a local Brooklyn band and they are AWESOME. Really spectacular - the demo is ok quality, but seeing them live is where it's at. These guys really need to get signed IMO.

In any case, what do you guys think? And if you're 'so-so' about it, what ideas would you suggest to further entice the reader to want to know about unsigned bands? How about listing their location, and regular gig venues? Ideas?

:Spin:

JayKeeley said:
I'm curious. How interested are you guys in reading about unsigned band promos in our Unsung Heroes section?

From our perspective, we'll do what we can to support the unsigned legions. One band in particular, Exit to Eternity is a local Brooklyn band and they are AWESOME. Really spectacular - the demo is ok quality, but seeing them live is where it's at. These guys really need to get signed IMO.

In any case, what do you guys think? And if you're 'so-so' about it, what ideas would you suggest to further entice the reader to want to know about unsigned bands? How about listing their location, and regular gig venues? Ideas?

:Spin:

Information is key, when promoting unsigned bands. The more you have, the better. Interviews, links to websites, promoting our reviews on websites like Yahoo, visiting bands sites and building up our stuff over there...

I plan on doing an interview with Luis Carlos of Funeral Rites shortly.

The more people read or hear about good unsigned bands, the more interested they will be.

Links to mp3s are key for unsung bands, since the only time I ever hear these types of bands is when I am handed the demo outside a concert.

Papa Josh said:
Information is key, when promoting unsigned bands. The more you have, the better. Interviews, links to websites, promoting our reviews on websites like Yahoo, visiting bands sites and building up our stuff over there...

Yep we need to get registered on these engines. Eventually we need a search engine on our own site.

I plan on doing an interview with Luis Carlos of Funeral Rites shortly.

The more people read or hear about good unsigned bands, the more interested they will be.

Good point. Exit to Eternity invited me to their show on May 23rd. I'd give them a live report and interview.

NAD said:
Links to mp3s are key for unsung bands, since the only time I ever hear these types of bands is when I am handed the demo outside a concert.

Right - as long as the quality is good too. Otherwise a bad MP3 could put you off for life!

Unsung Heroes is a great idea, though I must admit not to checking any of the bands other than Soliloquy out. But, fuck, there's a mass of other people checking it out, surely?!

Location and regular gig venues certainly does seem like a good idea, for those lucky enough to be in the area :)

Ayeka said:
Unsung Heroes is a great idea, though I must admit not to checking any of the bands other than Soliloquy out. But, fuck, there's a mass of other people checking it out, surely?!

Location and regular gig venues certainly does seem like a good idea, for those lucky enough to be in the area :)

Ayeka - check out EtoE. I did the review. If you can get their demo, I think you'd be impressed.

In fact, if ANYONE likes old school thrash (a la Haunting the Chapel, Beneath the Remains, Souls of Black etc) then you must check them out. PLEASE read the review - it's very flattering.

The demo songs were recorded in one take, so they're in the process of getting a better demo together. They have copies of the current demo that you can request from their website.

JayKeeley said:
(a la Haunting the Chapel, Beneath the Remains, Souls of Black etc)
I read your review earlier and wanted to check them out, now I know that I need to!

JayKeeley said:
Ayeka - check out EtoE. I did the review. If you can get their demo, I think you'd be impressed.

Sounds promising, brother! Better get some hardcore downloading done soon :cool:

NAD said:
I read your review earlier and wanted to check them out, now I know that I need to!
Ayeka said:
Sounds promising, brother! Better get some hardcore downloading done soon :cool:
NAD & Ayeka - they'll actually send you a CD if you prefer. You can write them an e-mail. Tell them JayKeeley sent you over. :)

In fact, I just went over to their site - they've only gone and plastered my review on their entire 'reviews' page.

http://www.geocities.com/master_of_puppetz_86/reviews.html

My oh my...I'm not worthy!
blush.gif

JayKeeley said:
NAD & Ayeka - they'll actually send you a CD if you prefer. You can write them an e-mail. Tell them JayKeeley sent you over. :)

Will do bro :) could we sort out some Funeral Rites and Nasheim also? :D

In fact, I just went over to their site - they've only gone and plastered my review on their entire 'reviews' page.

http://www.geocities.com/master_of_puppetz_86/reviews.html

My oh my...I'm not worthy!
blush.gif

I think they like you :cool: power to Jay! :D

Ayeka said:
Will do bro :) could we sort out some Funeral Rites and Nasheim also? :D

I think with Nasheim, the CD's are all out. If I remember right, Erik (Phyre) said something about getting a second demo prepared so the original CD is already a collectors item.

So you can either have Papa Josh make you a cassette (because he doesn't believe in burning CD-Rs), and send it to you all the way from Houston, Texas, OR you can download the MP3 since it's one track. It's well worth it.

If PJ sends you tapes, he might throw in a free cowboy hat too, because they grow on trees in Texas. :)

Papa Josh said:
Tape trading is more of an art anyway..
There's a lot of truth to that. There's something about clicking the mouse a few times that completely sterilizes the process of a mix tape. I can still remember having to run back to my room and hit STOP on the tape deck because I forgot that I was making a tape and not just listening for myself. Memories...

Just emailed Exit to Eternity. :)

NAD said:
Just emailed Exit to Eternity. :)

Good man!:cool:

We'll hopefully be seeing them at the end of this month. They always play their own songs and then one cover. Last time I spoke to them, I was requesting Sepultura's Arise already. :D

Papa Josh said:
You'll get some cool stickers and stuff! As far as Cd-R's, buy me a burner...

Until then, it's old school all of the way! Tape trading is more of an art anyway..

Another stash of stickers wouldn't 'alf go amiss ^_^

Downloading stuff is fine, but my connection is the type that means I'll probably only get one song in per session, and me mp3s usually end up getting deleted after some time cos we ain't got the space on our comp. Plus mp3s are nowhere near as cool as CDs, LPs or even tapes, man ;)

Oh yeah, me Exit To Eternity demo should be in the post soon :D cheers boysies! :wave: