upcoming festival shows

Gaunerin said:
Thanks Flo! :) You should have been there with your friends!
I could have come but I'm saving money for the BYH fest ;)
And I already know I will spend everything in cds and shirts as usual..... (and beer?)

Yep Brainstorm play at lunch time, so we'll be even more hungry after the show...
Andy should throw sandwichs in the crowd instead of posters or something eheh

Gaunerin said:
since we're talking about festivals:
Symphorce 19.30 WET Stage @ WOA
and on thursday @ Summerbreeze (which means I may not arrive late that day)
They'll alo play at Metal Days fest in Pratteln, I may go there... dunno yet, but a bill with Annihilator, Testament and Circle II Circle as well is interesting...

I saw them on the Blind Guardian Open Air. The Show was awsome and i got a promo CD of Soul Temptation. They suplied nearly the whole festival with free T-Shirts on the show :D .

Flo suggested we could meet at the sound tower before the Brainstorm show, say during the Masterplan show at 11.30 - 11.45? I want to see Masterplan (not seen them before) but I don't have to be in the front (but I will go to the front when they finished :D ) Okay with you? So who's meeting so far? Just the three of us?

Oh and I'm not sure yet what to wear, probably BS:) On the friday I might wear Into Eternity, or an Annihilator longsleeve, or at night my BS sweatshirt. If you've seen my pics, I'm sure you'll recognize me. We usually stay in the corner near the Metal Blade stand (if it's in about the same place as last years), left side of the stage if you're in the audience. On the campsite we hope to find a place not far from the entrance, in the street closest to the festival. We used to have a place in the gravel near the toilets haha! This year we hope to find one in the grass, but also near the toilets and the washing places. We have a darkgreen tent, normal round model but higher then usual, it's 1.90m high:) We have a darkblueish Opel Corsa with (duuuh) a Dutch plate (yellow/black). Just in case you're roaming the campsite at thursday:)

@Marlies : ok I'll recognize you this time ;)
And I may go to the Metal Blade stand on Friday, so we'll propably meet the day before Breastorm.
As for the meeting point before the show it's ok for me, or if you prefer a beer stand no problem...
I think I'll wear a Judas Priest "Sad Wings of Destiny" shirt (the cover of this album), or a "Heavy Metal Is the Law" shirt :)

@Cora : Well there are many reasons, the first one is the job, I'm not sure I can take some day off in August this year :erk:
The bill is also less interesting for me... there are still killer bands but I've seen them many times (Slayer, Iced Earth, Gamma Ray, Running Wild...), and now I prefer to see some bands I've never seen or only a few times.
Basically I'm an "old school" Metal fan (there are lots of exceptions though), and this year there are few bands I need to see : Testament, Dark Angel, Diamond Head, Twisted Tower Dire, Assassin and that's it...
I also would like to see Symphorce, Circle II Circle, Eidolon and some others, but it's not the bill it used to be in my opinion.
Fortunately there is still that unbelievable Metal atmosphere you can't find elsewhere :)
So I may come, but if I can't I will go to the Metal Days festival in Switzerland instead.

Fangface said:
or if you prefer a beer stand no problem...
yeah right, it's YOU who prefers a beer stand :p

...and yes, the WOA billing isn't all too great but it's the place where the most people go to and I look forward to see some ppl I don't get to see the rest of the year.

Gaunerin said:
yeah right, it's YOU who prefers a beer stand :p
ahah...me??
saint.gif

No I'm not like that... we have to stay sober for Breastorm :D
The "sound tower" is very easy to find and not that big, that's why I suggested this place.

Flo, we have to stay sober until saturday???????? waaaaaahahaha! nooooooooooooo fucking way;)

I picked my shirts: I'll be roaming the campsite on thursday with a Symphorce shirt, I'll be wearing my Into Eternity shirt on friday and of coooooouuuuuuurse my new (got it today!) shirt of Breastorm - Soul Temptation on saturday:)
In the evenings it could be a Metus Mortis longsleeve or my BS logo bunny hug*;)

*that's Regina-Canadian for hooded sweatshirt :lol:

Oh and I love a lot of stuff at Wacken!:)

Then I'll look for the drunk dutch dressed in Breastorm :D
I hope these new shirts will be available!
I read that the new album comes out on Monday, could they still sell it at the fest, a few days before the official release?

How was it? How was it? :hotjump:
All Nico told me via SMS was that it was super. So? What about that oriental show thing? Did they play the whole trilogy??

I'm bloody exhausted at the moment I'm typing this...I may have slept 2 or 3 hours each night in Balingen :ill:
The camping was really insane this year ahah...

Brainstorm was great once again, now you can realize what they have acheived by looking at the louuuud reaction of the audience!
Now I remember that Wacken show where I felt lonely in the first rows... hey this band will become huge one day ;)
Andy was in top form, he sang well, ran around and threw a lot of shirts into a pleased crowd.

The set list was something like this :
High Without Lows
Blind Suffering
Crush Depth
Hollow Hideaway
Shiva's Tears
Doorway to Survive
Under Lights
Shadowland

Marlies should have it right, but she cheated, she wrote it down :p
The "oriental show" was only for Shiva's Tears, I didn't know the song and it's an awesome one!! As for the show...Marlies will describe it better than me ;)

Unfortunately we lost track of ColdGin before the show, while he was giving out Breastorm freebies, while Marlies was distributing promo cds to lucky people, and while I was doing nothing except drinking (yeah I'm the lazy one eheh).

As for the festival it turned out great like every year, my other favorites were DIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ( !!:worship: ), THIN LIZZY (so magic & emotional!), ANNIHILATOR (killer, even if the new singer needs more experience), TWISTED SISTER (Dee fuckin Sniiiiiiiiiideeeeer), OVERKILL (playing under a blazing down sun, ouch), UDO (nearly an Accept concert) and ROB ROCK (what a guitar player!). AMON AMARTH seemed to be pretty good as well.
DOKKEN, ANGEL WITCH and TNT were also cool, even if I would have expected a bit more from cult acts like them.

@Marlies : Sorry I didn't stay after the show as I had to find some friends for another meeting point...and you may have realized that I'm not the most talkative guy on earth, thanks to my shitty english speaking ;)
@Cora : I had a beer but Marlies didn't ( o_O ), so don't shoot me if we didn't have a drink for ya :D
mm maybe I should not say that, it's not very good for her reputation...eheh

Fangface said:
@Cora : I had a beer but Marlies didn't ( o_O ), so don't shoot me if we didn't have a drink for ya :D
mm maybe I should not say that, it's not very good for her reputation...eheh
What??!?! Do you think it's any good for you??? You could have had a drink for me without Marlies! ;) And I've been thinking so much of you all on saturday.....but at least she told me about the show already, so much about her reputation :)

I myself went to see Amon Amarth on saturday (and Carnal Forge, Naglfar and Dark Tranquillty - to name the bands worth mentioning. It was more a hardcore than metal festival, so guess how much I enjoyed the rest of it...)

Anyway, I'm impatiently waiting for Nico's pics now :cool:

Flo, it was great meeting you!!! Michael (Cold Gin): you too, but where the hell did you disappear to with the beercoasters?? Well, at least I hope you distributed them well;)

The Brainstorm show was simply AWESOME!!!!!!! The guys were all amazing but most of all Andy, who is running around more and more with each show!! They played Highs Without Lows, Doorway To Survive and the oriental gem Shiva's Tears from the new CD and they had three oriental dancers in colorful costumes with masks on stage for that song. Some thought it wasn't very metal, but I thought it was a nice and classy illustration of the song, no cheap erotic thing humping the band or something (or was that the problem? LOL!!).

Setlist:
Highs Without Lows
Blind Suffering
Crush Depth
Hollow Hideaway
Doorway To Survive
Shiva's Tears
Shadowland
Under Lights

So Flo, you were damn close!
And about my reputation.... drinking water is \m/etal!;) Seriously.. with that heat a lot of people were drinking water, and when it sold out (!) other softdrinks. I didn't drink a lot of beers and most of them didn't even taste so good, only the real cold ones hehe :p

I just posted my impressions of the weekend on the Morrigan's Pit forum, so check that out!
http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=97377